Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC basketball tourney seed
Bookmark and Share
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
SBC basketball tourney seed
Who do you not want to draw in the tourney? For ULM, I would like to avoid probably Coastal and we didn’t play them well. We’ll see how it goes at home this week. I’d rather play Little Rock or stAte if possible.
02-28-2019 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

TrueBlueDrew Online
All American

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: SBC basketball tourney seed
I would like to avoid nearly everyone by getting a double Bye
02-28-2019 01:58 PM
_x_ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Texas State
Not counting the trio of teams we are likely to play (GSU, GS, UTA) the team I'd probably most like to avoid is ULM.

Any team with three scorers like they have is dangerous. I think there are 3 big favorites to win the tournament in TXST, GSU, or GS but my dark horse would be ULM.
02-28-2019 01:59 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

Probably Georgia Southern. They were our only blow out loss this season.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 02:46 PM by bokobobcat1919.)
02-28-2019 02:45 PM
_x_ Offline
1st String

Georgia Southern is my pick to win the tournament.

Obviously I don't want that to happen, but I think they win out and get a triple bye to the semi-finals then win the tourney.
02-28-2019 02:50 PM
TXSTRiverBobcat Offline
2nd String

I still believe any team can beat any team in the belt this year. I don't want to play any of y'all lol.
02-28-2019 02:51 PM

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
For us the team I hope we avoid is ULM— very athletic with several scorers
02-28-2019 02:59 PM
Saint3333 Online
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Whichever team gives the SBC the best shot at an NCAA win.

Such a shame App had four years of Shabazz and absolutely nothing to show for it.
02-28-2019 02:59 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

We ll see about us— playing well right now but we have this tendency to have games when we shoot bricks. When we rely too heavily on 3s we are in trouble too
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 03:15 PM by GaSoEagle.)
02-28-2019 03:01 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
I dont want us to face any team that can get hot with 3s in any given game. So..... ULM and.... now apparently CCU as we found out last weekend ol

If we somehow go to the NCAA tourney, can we borrow Ajayi from South Alabama? We will return him as good as new!
02-28-2019 03:10 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Heisman

I don't want to face Georgia State. Not saying Texas State won't be a challenge to beat a second time, but we became the top scoring team in the league by guard penetration to the basket and offensive rebounding, not shooting 3s.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 03:32 PM by EigenEagle.)
02-28-2019 03:31 PM

_x_ Offline
1st String

With a clear cut top 3 getting the 1 seed will be a huge advantage for the regular season champ. No offense to UTA but I think any of us would rather face them or anyone else in the semis than TXST, GSU, or GS. 2 and 3 will have to play in the semis if neither get upset.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 03:40 PM by _x_.)
02-28-2019 03:39 PM
wewererebels Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT Arlington
(02-28-2019 03:39 PM)_x_ Wrote:  With a clear cut top 3 getting the 1 seed will be a huge advantage for the regular season champ. No offense to UTA but I think any of us would rather face them or anyone else in the semis than TXST, GSU, or GS. 2 and 3 will have to play in the semis if neither get upset.

I hope we get to play TxSt or GsSt, but there's nobody in the league that couldn't beat us on the proverbial "given night." Too bad the belt is still just a one bid league. I feel like the top three deserve consideration for an at large bid. But of course, those at large bids will go to the five bid leagues, and teams like Texas or TCU will get bids without deserving it whatsoever.

By the way, has anyone else noticed the North Texas collapse? They've lost five in a row, and are now 8-8 in the Confusa, 20-9 overall. Sucks to be them. :0)
02-28-2019 10:43 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(02-28-2019 10:43 PM)wewererebels Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 03:39 PM)_x_ Wrote:  With a clear cut top 3 getting the 1 seed will be a huge advantage for the regular season champ. No offense to UTA but I think any of us would rather face them or anyone else in the semis than TXST, GSU, or GS. 2 and 3 will have to play in the semis if neither get upset.

I hope we get to play TxSt or GsSt, but there's nobody in the league that couldn't beat us on the proverbial "given night." Too bad the belt is still just a one bid league. I feel like the top three deserve consideration for an at large bid. But of course, those at large bids will go to the five bid leagues, and teams like Texas or TCU will get bids without deserving it whatsoever.

By the way, has anyone else noticed the North Texas collapse? They've lost five in a row, and are now 8-8 in the Confusa, 20-9 overall. Sucks to be them. :0)

I don’t mind telling you, I’m a little nervous about that last game of the year at your place. Considering our “recent history,” I figure you guys would like nothing better than to throw a “monkey wrench” into our season.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019 12:09 AM by Bobcat87.)
03-01-2019 12:07 AM
BirdofParadise Online
1st String

I Root For:
You hear the politically correct "anyone can win the tournament" all the time.

This year the top six seeds will all have a chance.
03-01-2019 12:13 AM
wewererebels Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT Arlington
(03-01-2019 12:07 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 10:43 PM)wewererebels Wrote:  

I don’t mind telling you, I’m a little nervous about that last game of the year at your place. Considering our “recent history,” I figure you guys would like nothing better than to throw a “monkey wrench” into our season.

Our attendance has been very flat this year. If we can get a big crowd like TxSt had in San Marcos, I'll be happy to just have a close game. If we can get another upset, so much the better. Either way, if you win Saturday, you'll have a lock on at least a tie for first place. I doubt TxSt is looking past South Alabama. Those guys can shoot!
03-01-2019 04:41 PM

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(02-28-2019 01:46 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Who do you not want to draw in the tourney? For ULM, I would like to avoid probably Coastal and we didn’t play them well. We’ll see how it goes at home this week. I’d rather play Little Rock or stAte if possible.

Given the way the tournament is formatted, you'll likely open in NOLA against one of CCU/USA/AState/LR

Current seeds:

Bye to Semis:

1. Texas State
2. Georgia State

Bye to Quarters:

3. Georgia Southern
4. Texas Arlington

Bye to 2nd Round

5. UL Monroe
6. Louisiana

First Round Campus Sites

7. CCU
8. AState
9. USA
10. Little Rock

Note: ULM over UL on tiebreaks by virtue of win over Texas State. AState over USA on tiebreaks by virtue of 1-1 record vs UTA

Staying Home:

11. Troy
12. App

App and Troy play each other on Thursday in what will be an elimination game if both lose their games today. App has better chance to sneak into tournament, they are a game back of 10th place Little Rock, and own the tiebreak. Troy has much harder road to travel. LR owns tiebreak with them.

Coastal must win Saturday at ULM if they have any designs on getting into top 6. If the Warhawks win, the 6 teams with the Bye straight to Nola will all but be known. There would be some small kinks to iron out as in theory both AState and USA have a chance, but that's why its a theory and not a real scenario.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019 04:23 AM by chiefsfan.)
03-02-2019 04:11 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
I can easily see AppSt winning their last 2 home games against Troy and USA. Since they own the tie-breaker, against us (LR), that would likely knock us out since I can't see us getting 2 wins playing GaSt, ULL, and ULM to end the season.
03-02-2019 09:32 AM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

(03-01-2019 12:13 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  You hear the politically correct "anyone can win the tournament" all the time.

This year the top six seeds will all have a chance.
It's a tough road for the 5&6 seeds. That would be 4 wins in 4 days against some pretty good teams.
03-02-2019 10:25 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
If App sneaks into the tourny and gets at least one win I'm afraid we'd be stuck with Fox for another year. The talent on this team was there, but lost way too many close games (lost 12 games by 8 points or less) to be anything other than a coaching problem.
03-02-2019 10:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.