Heisman

I Root For: App State
ODU @ App Good/Bad/Ugly
Good:

- Every FBS win is a good one
- Oline and Cox continue to perform
- Kicking - hit all kicks and kickoffs are a strength
- Dline - Washington never had a chance all game
- Sound system is much improved, now what is played is debatable, but better quality sound this year
- North endzone bleachers were nicer and overall look of stadium was cleaner/nicer

Bad:

- disappointing crowd given the weather, I know we have Miami next week, but we should be in a position as a fanbase to draw closer to 28k to a season opener with perfect weather.
- pass blocking/WR play, I'm not sure if it's our WRs not getting open or blitz pickups, must improve before Saturday

Ugly

- fake FG, why run that when we have a freshman kicker that needs practice.

Overall great day and good times, I felt like we slept walk through the second half, but I hope that was by design.
09-12-2016 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: ODU @ App Good/Bad/Ugly
Yeah what's going on at receiver? Feels funny not being in last place in every passing statistic in the conference.
09-12-2016 09:32 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Heisman

The first week I thought it was a function of probably the best DL/DBs we'd face on the schedule this year. After the second week I'm hoping it is a vanilla playbook vs. ODU after we rushed the ball well to go up 17-0.

I really don't have an answer. We have a good QB that usually makes good decisions and I thought Meadors would have a breakout year. So far we've only had success throwing screen type plays to Hopkins and Capel and throws to the TE. We really need a WR or two to step up this weekend.
09-12-2016 09:44 AM
Advertisement

AppManDG Offline
All American

Gameplan for Tenn was not to throw and risk sacks or turnovers. Worked like a charm. Gameplan for ODU take a few shots down the field early, build a lead and go into cruise control. Also worked perfectly. One thing I've learned from knowing and watching Scotr play and coach since he was a freshman is the guy is a good poker player and will not show his hand until completely necessary. He also likes to toss out things, like the fake FG, to make people think and prepare. I have to believe our WR's not being much of a factor in either of these games was for a reason. I expect that to change Saturday.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
09-12-2016 11:40 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

(09-12-2016 11:40 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  Gameplan for Tenn was not to throw and risk sacks or turnovers. Worked like a charm. Gameplan for ODU take a few shots down the field early, build a lead and go into cruise control. Also worked perfectly. One thing I've learned from knowing and watching Scotr play and coach since he was a freshman is the guy is a good poker player and will not show his hand until completely necessary. He also likes to toss out things, like the fake FG, to make people think and prepare. I have to believe our WR's not being much of a factor in either of these games was for a reason. I expect that to change Saturday.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app

don't know I agree with running the vanilla offense from the mid second quarter on when we have an entire receiving corp who really need all the reps they can get. If that's what SS and the staff are doing, he has a lot more faith that they will play well Sat despite the lack of needed reps.
09-12-2016 12:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2020 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.