Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

David Brown update
okgc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
David Brown update
David Brown has advice for athletes on the rebound from severe knee injuries: Listen to your mom.

“Without her, I don’t know if I could’ve gotten through this,”

David Brown inching closer to return
01-09-2013 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
RE: David Brown update
Quote:“One of the things that we’ve struggled with is shooting the ball, and I did not think that this team would struggle shooting the ball,” Hawkins said. “We’ve shot the ball well in certain games, but in general we’ve had open 3s that we have not hit. We’ve done a very nice job defensively and rebounding the ball and our team chemistry and going to the free-throw line – those areas are what have helped us win games.

What's he talking about? I can't think of one Hawkins team (his recruits) who haven't struggled shooting the ball.
01-09-2013 11:21 PM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

What bugs me is they also struggle hitting layups and put backs from the 3 foot circle. And often get three offensive rebounds and can get neither the bucket or the foul, or they lose it out of bounds.

When they get the rebound, just collect yourself, go up strong, hold onto the ball, and put it in the hole already. Please. You guys are making this fans tummy hurt.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 08:30 AM by Dirty Ernie.)
01-10-2013 08:29 AM
BrianPersky Offline
Banned

(01-10-2013 08:29 AM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  What bugs me is they also struggle hitting layups and put backs from the 3 foot circle. And often get three offensive rebounds and can get neither the bucket or the foul, or they lose it out of bounds.

^ This
01-10-2013 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Very glad for David Brown. He has some great potential. Hopefully, he will be able to shake this injury bug.

It's lousy when an athlete can't play at something he or she is passionate.
01-10-2013 08:53 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

Very happy for David Brown. I hope he is able to stay healthy. A shoulder injury robbed me of playing baseball in college. I don't wish that kind of situation on anyone.
01-10-2013 01:54 PM

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Why is it that some coaches are able to limit injuries to their stars, and others seem to have injuries regularly? I think some get the premise that they have to protect their top talent, and others live and die on how hard someone works in "practice."

A good coach knows who his most talented players are. He doesn't need to see them outwork everyone in "practice" to know that they're worthy of PT.

I think Allen Iverson said it best........................

01-10-2013 02:01 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Oh no, not that again...
01-10-2013 02:06 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

It's the 2012-13 season...are you confused with last year?
01-10-2013 02:35 PM
DrDavis Offline
2nd String

HELLO LEFT FIELD.

WHY USE THIS THREAD TO BASH A COACH WHO HAS DONE A PRETTY GOOD JOB THIS YEAR WITH A YOUNG TEAM?

ON THAT TOPIC, ONE COULD ARGUE THAT THE DECISION TO CUT THE MALCONTENT BIG FELLA LOOSE WAS THE RIGHT ONE.
01-10-2013 02:42 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(01-10-2013 02:42 PM)DrDavis Wrote:  HELLO LEFT FIELD.

WHY USE THIS THREAD TO BASH A COACH WHO HAS DONE A PRETTY GOOD JOB THIS YEAR WITH A YOUNG TEAM?

ON THAT TOPIC, ONE COULD ARGUE THAT THE DECISION TO CUT THE MALCONTENT BIG FELLA LOOSE WAS THE RIGHT ONE.

03-shhhh03-shhhh03-shhhh03-shhhh03-shhhh03-shhhh

That doesn't fit the agenda of some...
01-10-2013 02:45 PM

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(01-10-2013 02:42 PM)DrDavis Wrote:  HELLO LEFT FIELD.

WHAT WHAT, WHAT DID YOU SAY????!!!!!!!!!!!
01-10-2013 03:22 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:ON THAT TOPIC, ONE COULD ARGUE THAT THE DECISION TO CUT THE MALCONTENT BIG FELLA LOOSE WAS THE RIGHT ONE.

The fact that a national powerhouse gobbled him up and got him into shape tells me all I need to know.
01-10-2013 03:23 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(01-10-2013 03:23 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  
Quote:ON THAT TOPIC, ONE COULD ARGUE THAT THE DECISION TO CUT THE MALCONTENT BIG FELLA LOOSE WAS THE RIGHT ONE.

The fact that a national powerhouse gobbled him up and got him into shape tells me all I need to know.

It's funny how people change when they are on their second and likely last chance.
01-10-2013 03:25 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(01-10-2013 03:25 PM)EA3 Wrote:  

It's funny how people change when they are on their second and likely last chance.

Or they are being mentored by someone they respect..............03-drunk
01-10-2013 05:12 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(01-10-2013 05:12 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  

Can't respect anyone when you don't respect yourself.
01-10-2013 05:31 PM

MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
t

03-phew01-lauramac2 Get a grip. He was a giant baby and he was a real burr under the other broncos saddles. Maybe a good swift kick in his arse was what he needed. He had burned to many bridges here to do it here.
For his sake I'm glad he finally got the message, BUT HAWK AND WMU DID THE RIGHT THING. In my opinion.
01-10-2013 11:09 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(01-10-2013 05:31 PM)EA3 Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 05:12 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  

Can't respect anyone when you don't respect yourself.
04-chairshot04-chairshot CHIP isn't gonna like anyone doubting his wisdom. he hates Hawk we should all follow BECAUSE HE KNOWS ALL.
01-10-2013 11:12 PM
Tommyboy Offline
1st String

If he can come back and be effective he gives the team a significant experience boost at guard, maybe not in terms of games played but certainly in time in the program, and basketball seen.
01-11-2013 01:22 AM
okgc Offline
Heisman

The regular readers of csnbbs/WMU have learned over the years that if Coach Hawkins had the immense basketball knowledge of CD & DB (& token others), Hawkins would have already past Buck Read as the winningest Bronco coach ever.

As it is Steve Hawkins is only the second best Western Michigan bball coach. It is simply amazing that someone that cant recruit or coach has won so many games.
01-11-2013 12:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.