Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buy the Gazette TODAY
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
Buy the Gazette TODAY
I laid down 1 US Dollar today for a hard copy of the Kalamazoo Gazette. BIG FEATURE above the fold on Darius Paul. Mythical national chamPionshiP relegated to the sports section.

Please go buy a copy, even if they don't get the message.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 06:03 PM by Hiller4Hyz09.)
01-08-2013 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

okgc Offline
Heisman

RE: Buy the Gazette TODAY
(01-08-2013 11:33 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  I laid down 1 US Doller today for a hard copy of the Kalamazoo Gazette. BIG FEATURE above the fold on Darius Paul. Mythical national chamPionshiP relegated to the sports section.

Please go buy a copy, even if they don't get the message.

One article is not going to get me to buy a gazette.
Freshman Darius Paul more 'assassin' than 'Bambi'
01-08-2013 11:37 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

It's a great article.

I especially enjoy the part about his mom coaching AAU.

And I thought these quotes were spot on...

“He got tall, but he sprouted up pretty quick,” Cliff Paul Jr., 6-5, 250, and a good basketball player in his own right, said about Darius. “Once he grows into his body, he’s going to be a problem. He reminds me of Kevin Durant with some post footwork. His jumper is butter. If he can get some handles and develop physically, look out.”
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:43 AM by EA3.)
01-08-2013 11:42 AM

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Great article.

Listening to mom and dad I wonder how long before they start shopping him to other schools.
01-08-2013 01:46 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(01-08-2013 01:46 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Great article.

Listening to mom and dad I wonder how long before they start shopping him to other schools.

That seems to be the fear of a few people around here.

I don't think this is the case with Darius. They chose WMU because of the type of program we run and the level of competition. It gives Darius the best chance at playing right away and making an impact over 4 years. It's just a hunch, I could be wrong.
01-08-2013 02:23 PM

Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I didn't realize they were still printing Gazettes.
01-08-2013 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gazette writer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Journalists
(01-08-2013 02:23 PM)EA3 Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 01:46 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Great article.

That seems to be the fear of a few people around here.

I don't think this is the case with Darius. They chose WMU because of the type of program we run and the level of competition. It gives Darius the best chance at playing right away and making an impact over 4 years. It's just a hunch, I could be wrong.

He and his family chose WMU because of Larry Farmer. Long relationship there. Doesn't mean he'll leave, though. Great story, Scott. Couldn't help but read the thread. The title warmed my heart. Hope all is well in Broncoland.
01-08-2013 03:42 PM

MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(01-08-2013 02:23 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  I didn't realize they were still printing Gazettes.

01-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac2 BELIEVE IT OR NOT. THERE ARE STILL THOUSANDS OF US IN KALAMAZOO WHO READ 1-2 NEWSPAPERS EVERY DAY. Thanks heaven the whole world isn't run by Iphones and 20 somethings. You'd be suprised how many little things you miss reading a newspaper online instead of the hard copy.

GO BRONCOS AND GO NEWSPAPERS.
01-09-2013 04:26 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(01-09-2013 04:26 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 02:23 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  I didn't realize they were still printing Gazettes.

01-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac2 BELIEVE IT OR NOT. THERE ARE STILL THOUSANDS OF US IN KALAMAZOO WHO READ 1-2 NEWSPAPERS EVERY DAY. Thanks heaven the whole world isn't run by Iphones and 20 somethings. You'd be suprised how many little things you miss reading a newspaper online instead of the hard copy.

The eReader edition is emailed out every morning. I prefer reading it over the paper edition that is delivered three days a week. It's the exact same paper copy but you can zoom in on articles etc. Dont have to put on my reading glasses to read it. :domokun:
01-09-2013 06:45 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(01-09-2013 04:26 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  

I agree. Rack your rant!
01-09-2013 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.