Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

O/T - The Stadium debate at CSU
MileHighBronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Broncos
O/T - The Stadium debate at CSU
Quick backstory:

Colorado St. has a football stadium that is not on campus. In the past year, talk has grown and a group is pushing for a new stadium on campus. FYI - CSU is about the same sized school as Western.

IMO some around CSU sense them falling behind some of their former conference mates, in terms of perception, competitiveness and facilities. Anyway, the proposal has progressed to a committee presentation to the President.

Quote:Cost of the stadium is estimated at $246 million.

There is a rendering of the stadium at the link below. Looks pretty nice.

Quote:The proposed stadium is programmed with the following new amenities that officials said aren't available at Hughes Stadium, located near the foothills west of campus. Those are loge box seating, mini suites, a sideline field club, an end zone microbrew bar, parents lounge, coaches workroom, hall of fame, alumni center and conference rooms, among other amenities.

04-cheers

Committee says on-campus stadium feasible, if approved, could open by 2015

The report was given by the committee to the President and he said he would delve down into the details. My gut feeling is that they will build it.

About the only thing WMU has in common with this situation was this comment by an opponent who wants to keep the old Hughes Stadium.
Quote:“Let's see your football team get better and see the demand for seats increase and add more as you go,” he said.

Hard to argue that logic but I sense a major donor or perhaps a group has been whispering in somebody's ear up at CSU. Just a hunch.

DB - what have you heard on this? Must be a lot of Rams that you know.
08-10-2012 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: O/T - The Stadium debate at CSU
Oil and Gas money is behind this push. Unless that market tanks, this is a done deal. Weld County especially.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 08:43 PM by DesertBronco.)
08-10-2012 08:42 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: O/T - The Stadium debate at CSU
Made a point of driving by Hughes the end of this June when No and I were out helping SIL, daughter and grandson pack up and move here.

Love the setting nestled in the foothills with Horse Tooth Reservior behind the ridge.

Didnt see it up close and personal, but looks impressive. Can it be upgraded? Sure. But it looked like a nice joint as is.

Fort Collins is a neat little town. Quirky but not as "dopey" as Boulder. Saw more deals on street corners than ever before.

Will miss going back. Had the routine down. Fly out of O'hare into DIA. Take Supershuttle to the Harmony Ave transfer center and get picked by daughter.

Go Rams!
08-10-2012 09:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.