Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thoughts from cleveland
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Thoughts from cleveland
Did anyone notice the tall, thin, black haired official doing our game. Same SOB who did our game with Toledo a couple of weeks ago. The same guy our administration wrote letters to the MAC offices regarding his objectivity when ever we play. Of all the frigging guys they could have picked----------There he was Friday night. I sometimes think the fix is in for Kent/Akron, but its not something you can prove. That being said, Our start to the 5:00 mark did us in. They beat us down court a number of times for wide open threes. Here's what Hawkins can't coach on the fly; 1) while they hit 5-6 threes to begin the game, we were 3-15. 2) we hit 22-71 from the field, 5-20 from the three line, 19-30 at the line 3) the next couple of stats stand logic on its head. We out rebounded them 52-40 with 26 ( that ain't a typo) offensive boards. That stat alone might make you think that we kicked big butt!! The only problem with that line of thinking is 12-14 2ft. shots we missed at the rim.. I will rip the team a little for the 5 minute start we had. no reason on earth to let them beat us down court for open threes. That, unfortunately set the tone for the whole game. The other thirty five minutes we played as hard as I've seen us all year. You don't get those rebounding totals without max effort. Basketball is a simple game in some ways and our one game lapse in shooting ability is the thing that killed us, not Akron. We were still only four pts. down with 1:45 left in the game in spite of our junior high shooting. The good news is that I won a major trivia contest at center court with 4:00 minutes left in the first half.The question flashed on the score board and was so simple I laughed. " What unpaid WMU assistant was a all-mac player in 2010......Mr. Kool of course...My major prize was a $50.00 gift certificate to CONRADS Auto Supply House. I asked the guy where in hell in Michigan I might find a Conrads and thats a notta. All in NE Ohio. This story has a happy ending. I sold the damn thing to a Kent dad for his daughter for a measly $20.00. If there are typos or other mistakes in this thread, I'm sorry. Don't have time to edit this posting.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 01:12 PM by broncojohnny.)
03-13-2011 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
RE: Thoughts from cleveland
The ref u refer to is Bo Borowski (sp?). U can google him. He has screwed up games in the Big 10 as well. He should be banned from the NCAA.
03-13-2011 03:09 PM

Broncoboogie Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Akron brings out the worst in us on the basketball court. They are only losing 2 starters for next year.

Dambrot is a good coach, and they have been a real force in our conference for a few years now. But if we want to be the best, we have to beat the best.

Until THAT game we had been shooting the ball well. It is hard to figure out and very hard to take. Looking forward to the future for our team, we have a very good foundation at this juncture.
03-15-2011 05:25 PM
ESSSS Offline
All American

I Root For:
Quote:Dambrot is a good coach, and they have been a real force in our conference for a few years now.

Kent loses one player from their entire team.

And WOTS is that a couple of really good jucos are joining them.
03-15-2011 05:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.