Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looking at the MAC Quarterfinal match-ups
wmubasketballsupporter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Broncos
Looking at the MAC Quarterfinal match-ups
Game #1 WMU vs BG

We won the only encounter this year at BG by a 75-61 score. Juwan lead the way with 20 pts. DWard had 15 and they were the only 2 in double figures. We shot 9-20 from 3 pt land and out rebounded BG 44-25. Calhoun had 23 pts and Thomas added 15 for BG. The key for us is to beat BG's zone defense and play solid man to man defense.

Game #2 Miami vs Akron

This is an intriguing game. Both teams have a home court win in this series and both are 7-3 in there last 10 games prior to last night. To me this game comes down to coaching, execution and desire. I give a slight advantage to Miami.

Game #3 Kent vs Buffalo

I am glad to see Kent draw Buffalo as I feel they are a tough match-up for us. With that being said, Kent has also had it's trouble with Buffalo. I know that UB didn't finish the regular season very well but they can beat any team in the MAC. This game could be very close and I would not be shocked to see Buffalo win.

Game #4 BSU vs Ohio

These teams seem to play each other really close. Ohio has won the last 2 meetings but one game went to overtime (1st round of last years MAC Tourney) and this year Ohio won 61-60. Both games were played at Muncie. Ohio is playing at a higher level compared to earlier in the season. I like the leadership of DJ Cooper and his supporting cast to win this game but it may be a close one.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 06:17 AM by wmubasketballsupporter.)
03-09-2011 06:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

okgc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: Looking at the MAC Quarterfinal match-ups
Great summary, some newspaper should hire you.
03-09-2011 06:35 AM
wmubasketballsupporter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Looking at the MAC Quarterfinal match-ups
(03-09-2011 06:35 AM)okgc Wrote:  Great summary, some newspaper should hire you.

Thanks for the nice comments, okgc! My 9 yr old son and I are excited to make the trip over to Cleveland tomorrow and root on the Broncos. I love this time of the year especially when the Broncos are playing well!
03-09-2011 07:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.