Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pre-emptive
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Pre-emptive
No need for a crystal ball. Pure logic and some basic understanding of human nature. Anyone with half a brain and sliver of a soul can attest.

Oh, I don't believe in Karma either.

If WMU were to not play to the level of some of it's fan(atics) I would like to be clear and upfront.

It has nothing to do with playing or thugging in an East Side manner.

Don't even go there. I will find you and I will personally rip the lips right off your ugly puss. I have people. They do my bidding. No, dont consider it a threat. I am being up front about it. It's your warning.

These are kids. They are our kids. If being a parent (literally) you love them through and past any actual or perceived short coming. Love is not defined as turning a blind eye or rationalizing. It's stating the obvious. You did wrong. You can and will do better. Heartfeltly apologize and move on.

I'm amused (psychologically speaking) at all the responses of which I read regarding the incident in the BSU game. Says a whole heck of a lot more about the posters than the action(s) they describe and the motives they subscribe.

So, back to the present.

There are the usual half glass empty negative Nancy racists out there who would love to weigh in at any time in the near or distant future that what happened Wednesday evening has a direct influence and cause/effect on whatever Nance is upset about.

Again, don't go there. It's unbecoming to put it mildly.
03-05-2011 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: Pre-emptive
I haven't read any "east sider" comments or thinly veiled racist stuff regarding this incident, did I miss it around here?

What crawled up you and died?
03-05-2011 12:14 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
I nominated him to be mod.
03-05-2011 12:21 PM

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Excellent choice. Of course, since it's such a great choice, he won't want it, much like being president.
03-05-2011 12:33 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I think that your people would better serve if you sent them after the CMU announcers. Serious.
03-05-2011 04:56 PM

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 12:14 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  I haven't read any "east sider" comments or thinly veiled racist stuff regarding this incident, did I miss it around here?

I didnt see any either. I just know, as you properly acknowledge some show up only when they think the stars align to support their point.

The warning is going forward infinitum.

When, not if, our guys stumble or come up short I read from the wannabes and never weres throwing 'em under the bus. They can be veiled or butt naked. I won't put up with it. A stumble or worse, on the court or off will be their trigger.

Again, these are kids. They happen to be our kids, if we choose. So what is the point of getting personal or worse because of a L?

And lets be clear. Pointing out poor decisions, missed opportunities and asking questions are all fine. As Flash wrote me once, "It's a freaking web board!" But the personnal attacks are off base.

Dip and I have had our back and forths over the last couple seasons. Not so much lately. To his credit. I understand his passion. I share it. In fact, I greatly appreciate his contribution. Style, not so. 03-lmfao

But Knucklehead pulled my string and it's string no one wants to really pull.

I bumped into Mikey post BSU. I introduced myself and told him how proud I was of his efforts. I specifically said I was pleased he in particular was shooting so well. I knew it took a lot of hard work and dedication. I mentioned (and I regret so) some of the dopes that had ripped him on our message board. Mike said, "Really, what board?"
We happened to be facing a large screen TV and I saw Johnny Shurna, a local kid from where I live and grew up and quickly changed the subject with, "Hey look, there's Johnny Shurna,. . ."

Great kid. Great smile. I love 'em.
03-05-2011 05:00 PM
Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
Thanks for the post Mr. Buzz kill
03-05-2011 05:25 PM

wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
(03-05-2011 05:00 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(03-05-2011 12:14 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  I haven't read any "east sider" comments or thinly veiled racist stuff regarding this incident, did I miss it around here?

I didnt see any either. I just know, as you properly acknowledge some show up only when they think the stars align to support their point.

The warning is going forward infinitum.

When, not if, our guys stumble or come up short I read from the wannabes and never weres throwing 'em under the bus. They can be veiled or butt naked. I won't put up with it. A stumble or worse, on the court or off will be their trigger.

Again, these are kids. They happen to be our kids, if we choose. So what is the point of getting personal or worse because of a L?

And lets be clear. Pointing out poor decisions, missed opportunities and asking questions are all fine. As Flash wrote me once, "It's a freaking web board!" But the personnal attacks are off base.

Dip and I have had our back and forths over the last couple seasons. Not so much lately. To his credit. I understand his passion. I share it. In fact, I greatly appreciate his contribution. Style, not so. 03-lmfao

But Knucklehead pulled my string and it's string no one wants to really pull.

I bumped into Mikey post BSU. I introduced myself and told him how proud I was of his efforts. I specifically said I was pleased he in particular was shooting so well. I knew it took a lot of hard work and dedication. I mentioned (and I regret so) some of the dopes that had ripped him on our message board. Mike said, "Really, what board?"
We happened to be facing a large screen TV and I saw Johnny Shurna, a local kid from where I live and grew up and quickly changed the subject with, "Hey look, there's Johnny Shurna,. . ."

Great kid. Great smile. I love 'em.

Johnny Shurna, the Northwestern player?

I enjoy your posts, even though my attention span sometimes gets tested as you enthusiastically "wax poetic."

I jumped the trigger this week when a Chip described Flen's actions as those of a Thug. I do think that some (not all) people use the "thug" word as an attempt to be not so P.C., but short of using the "N" word.

Flen's actions were not acceptable, but they also were not as bad as the media (BSU's) and some others thought they were. He did NOT choke anyone. The hit, well I will leave that up to better minds. However, from the looks of the the hit to the back of Kam., Flen has no future as a pugilist.
03-05-2011 10:00 PM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I repeat, there was "no hitting" or no "choking" done by Flen. What you saw, was a terrible camera angle, that was enforced by a naive league, and has received far too much press.

If you knew Flen and his family there is no temperment akin to that in the young man. Flen feels terrible that this incident has gone this far, and is perceived in this manner. As for the cowardly Chip that used the "thug" verbage, I've lost any respect for him that I may have had, and I believe that I know his identity. I will let him know if I should see him in the future.

Our basketball team does not have trouble makers........and the success of this team is a testament to the family feelings they have for each other.

Always proud to be a Bronco.
03-06-2011 12:35 AM

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

You should have heard the many references the second announcer made today about Flen. He was a jerk, and that was before his "white boy" descriptions of Hutch.
03-06-2011 12:39 AM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
It is a good thing he was saying it to a radio audience, if he tried to say it to Flen's mother he would have a hard time eating with a mike lodged in his throat. I would call it bush all the way, but what else would you expect.

Always proud to be a Bronco.
03-06-2011 12:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.