Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

make some sense of the other MAC games played?
Bookmark and Share
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
make some sense of the other MAC games played?
I expected BSU to give CMU a game. Cards were steamrolled at home.

I would not have ever expected to see Buffalo beat Ohio . This makes NIU the official MACdoormat.

Akron zapped WMU at home.

Toledo nips LIBERTY - what is the MAC football world coming to?

EMU makes UMich work for a W.

Outside of MAC , Illini and NU games, ND beating UCLA is like what it would be like if NIU were to beat Navy but on a much lesser scale.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2007 10:25 AM by cyberdawg.)
10-07-2007 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
RE: make some sense of the other MAC games played?
this entire year of college football has been wacky. every week it seems a fresh crop of Top 10 teams lose. the MAC is only a microcosm of whats been going on in the rest of college football
10-07-2007 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
The MAC just isn't a very good conference this year. There is no dominant team.
10-07-2007 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
I can't explain much of what's happening. Sad as it seems, CMU is back in the drivers seat to return to the MACC. How sad is it for the MAC that a team that will likely play for our league title did this out of conference........

Kansas 52, CMU 7
Purdue 45, CMU 22
North Dakota State 44, CMU 14

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we ARE worse than the Sun Belt this year.
10-07-2007 09:15 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
Reasons for CMU's rough start:

*coaching change - especially with a rookie HC

*players admitted after the Kansas game that many heads were still in the clouds after the '06 season accolades. Playing lousy against what now can be confirmed as a very good Kansas team resulted in an ugly loss. 03-puke

*we came out tightly wound in the game against Purdue -- our QB was recruited by them and tried to force things -- and our usually-reliable RB fumbled twice. If we had played the first 32 minutes like we did the last 28, it would have been a ballgame. Sigh. 03-banghead

*injuries to our secondary have kept it in constant flux. Injuries at DL also have slowed the development of our young DEs.

*small senior class and lots of freshmen, even several true freshmen, seeing significant playing time

*We came out with no intensity, emotion, or focus versus the #4-ranked FCS team. No reason for that I can think of; we should have been prepared to play. We weren't, and the Bison were prepared and hunting for bear. Embarrassing for us and the MAC, no doubt. Only good thing that came of it was the team pulling together before you guys came to town.

Anyway, bottom line: we are a better team than the one that got steamrolled two weeks ago. We're healthier, our young players are learning, and the new coaching staff has ironed out a few wrinkles, including some attitude issues. As long as we don't revert to that same head-up-arse mode and take care of business against Army, I will pronounce us cured and ready to defend our MAC West and Conference titles.

BTW, best of luck against WMU. Please beotch-slap the Broncies for us! 04-chairshot
10-07-2007 09:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.