Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlie Hustle Headed For The Hall?
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Alot of people hate him....I love him! He was always my favorite player.

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=neyer_rob&id=1688802' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor..._rob&id=1688802</a>
12-18-2003 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

He was a great player and I know you root for the Reds but I dont understand how you can love someone so despicable.

I think he should be in the Hall just so people would stop talking about him.

He is such a scumbag.
12-18-2003 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

He should not under ANY cirumstances be in the HOF, IMO.
12-18-2003 07:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Well, he may have bet on baseball games. The evidence would almost overwhelmingly attest to that.....and he probably bet on the Reds. I will never ever believe that he bet against the Reds.

I have no idea why you think he is despicable....do tell. Do you also hate Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and anyone else that bets on sports? Babe Ruth to name one of MANY was a lush...do you hate him too? Barry Bonds is a wife beater, Lenny Dykstra and Darren Daulton were involved in a DUI with injuries. The Cleveland Indians lost some players in a boating accident because at least one of them was drinking. Are they all despicable? I could go on, but I won't.

I like Pete because he was the best ball player I have seen. He hustled on every play and he was very exciting to watch. I'm not knocking your opinion, so don't take it that way. We just disagree.
12-18-2003 07:30 PM
tysramm1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:Well, he may have bet on baseball games. The evidence would almost overwhelmingly attest to that.....and he probably bet on the Reds. I will never ever believe that he bet against the Reds.

I have no idea why you think he is despicable....do tell. Do you also hate Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and anyone else that bets on sports? Babe Ruth to name one of MANY was a lush...do you hate him too? Barry Bonds is a wife beater, Lenny Dykstra and Darren Daulton were involved in a DUI with injuries. The Cleveland Indians lost some players in a boating accident because at least one of them was drinking. Are they all despicable? I could go on, but I won't.

I like Pete because he was the best ball player I have seen. He hustled on every play and he was very exciting to watch. I'm not knocking your opinion, so don't take it that way. We just disagree.
while most of the people you mentioned did some not so wise things away from the game, rose tarnished the game, b/c he bet while he was still involved, and he was aware of the consequences
12-18-2003 07:34 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Those people have no relation to Pete Rose whatsoever. Nothing at all. Pete Rose broke the rules. He broke the rules KNOWING what the consequences were as they were set in place. As he sat on that bench and collected money from the bookies, he knew what was coming his way BUT DIDNT CARE since he felt the rules wouldn't apply to him. Well Pete, they do....as rules for everyones job.

Is the rule stupid? Yes
Should it be there? No
Was it there when Rose broke the rules? Yes...therefore he has no right whatsoever to be in the HOF. Live and learn. Tough luck
12-18-2003 07:38 PM

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Gambling isnt the only problem Pete Rose has had. He served Jail time for tax evasion. All he cares about is money. All those cheesy infomercials and Maaco comericals he does cheapens his name even further and he doesnt care even the slightest. Rob Neyer portrayed him as a bad husband and a bad father as well.

I dont even think I need to get into the whole gambling thing it has been rehashed over and over again

Here is the Rob Neyer collumn about Rose I believe it is from this past summer.

<a href='http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1475194.html' target='_blank'>http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1475194.html</a>

As I said I dont give a crap whether he goes into the Hall of Fame or not, im just sick of that scumbag getting some much air time.
12-18-2003 08:01 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

SouthLink02 Wrote:Should it be there? No
Why do you think that the rule shouldnt be there?

Gambling on baseball while you are involved in baseball destroys the integrity of the game, it is illegal in baseball not because gambling is bad but because of the possibility of games being fixed, like the blacksox scandal.
12-18-2003 08:05 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:Barry Bonds is a wife beater
he was never covicted of anything
12-18-2003 08:23 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Terpy Wrote:
SouthLink02 Wrote:Should it be there? No
Why do you think that the rule shouldnt be there?

Gambling on baseball while you are involved in baseball destroys the integrity of the game, it is illegal in baseball not because gambling is bad but because of the possibility of games being fixed, like the blacksox scandal.
I think the rule should be modified by how much to be honest. If someone bets a few thousand or something...then yes, throw his ****** out. If he is betting as a joke say...$100 in a pool game with some office buddies on the world series...then no.
12-18-2003 09:39 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall. Yes, he broke the rules, but I think that keeping him out this long has been punishment enough. Just let the guy in.
12-18-2003 10:46 PM

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

The Baseball HOF consists of the greatest players of the game. They weren't perfect humans, but they were the best baseball players. That's what the hall is about. Rose would be in on my vote.

Second, players should be allowed to bet they for their team but not against. Its harder to guarentee victory than defeat.
12-18-2003 11:49 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

So even though the rules stated banishment and he laughed at it......he should be let in? No way....
12-18-2003 11:55 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

T-Monay820 Wrote:Second, players should be allowed to bet they for their team but not against. Its harder to guarentee victory than defeat.
Are you nuts?
12-19-2003 12:07 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:
T-Monay820 Wrote:Second, players should be allowed to bet they for their team but not against. Its harder to guarentee victory than defeat.
Are you nuts?
in a way he is. Don't worry about it.
12-19-2003 12:12 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

Terpy Wrote:
Are you nuts?
Think about it: You can bet for your team to win. So if you lose, you lose money and in the standings. If you win, you help yourself and your team.
12-19-2003 11:19 AM

SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

T-Monay820 Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:
Are you nuts?
Think about it: You can bet for your team to win. So if you lose, you lose money and in the standings. If you win, you help yourself and your team.
That is maybe the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard...
12-19-2003 11:01 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I think what he is saying is that you either win or lose when you bet for your team. If you bet against your team, you always lose either money or the actual game. However, that is no excuse for gambling big time. I agree with Southlink, if it is a bet with your friends on not a lot of money, I think that is fine. That is why I think Rick Neuhiesel in Washington should not have been fired.

Pete Rose should be in the Hall, it is a place for the best players in the game, and Pete is one of those players. Gambling has nothing to do with it.
12-19-2003 11:10 PM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Gamblng doesn't...but it was in the rules AND he knew it....and most probably laughed at it as he kept collecting and betting....

AND ADMIT IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Good god, if he had admitted it years ago...he would be in AND I maybe could have forgiven him. ADMIT IT YOU COWARD
12-19-2003 11:13 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

cbfranchise3 Wrote:Pete Rose should be in the Hall, it is a place for the best players in the game, and Pete is one of those players. Gambling has nothing to do with it.
i disagree. I'm not saying you should have to be a model citizen to be in the hall. But there are certain rules you have to abide by. one is respecting the sport, and pete Rose disrespected baseball. therefore he should have to live with the consequences until the day he dies.
12-19-2003 11:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.