Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vlad to the Angels?
JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

No links yet, but ESPN Radio has "confirmed" that he'll sign with Anaheim for an undisclosed amount. What a huge pickup by the Halos if this is true.

My guess is they'll have Salmon in left, Garret Anderson in center, and move Darin Erstad to first (where he has played before, IIRC) to take the place of Scott Spezio.
01-10-2004 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

He turned down an offer with the Mets.

<a href='http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-mets-guerrero&prov=ap&type=lgns' target='_blank'>http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oD...ov=ap&type=lgns</a>
01-10-2004 11:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

:(
01-11-2004 12:20 AM
tysramm1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

i read this morning that vlad was about to sign with the marlins
01-11-2004 12:33 AM

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

ESPN.com news services
The Vladimir Guerrero sweepstakes appears to have concluded with yet another twist that will send the free agent outfielder west.

Sources told the Los Angeles Times that the Anaheim Angels agreed to terms with Guerrero late Saturday night and will sign the former Expo star contingent on his passing a physical exam this week.

The deal is for five years and $70 million, accoring to the paper.

"As a matter of policy, we don't comment on speculation," Angels vice president of communications Tim Mead told The Associated Press.

Earlier Saturday, the World Series champion Florida Marlins were thought to be the front-runner. They reportedly had made a one-year offer for at least $10 million, and Guerrero's first choice was believed to be Florida, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

"I've heard that he would like to go to Florida if the money was appropriate," an unnamed general manager told the Star-Ledger. "My personal opinion is that if Florida came up with a $13 million or $14 million deal, he'd go there."

The Mets and the Orioles had been believed to be the only teams seriously pursuing Guerrero. But the Mets announced Saturday night that they were no longer in the running after Guerrero rejected their three-year offer.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles reportedly offered a five-year, $67.5 million deal after originally making a five-year, $65 million proposal.

But a team official told the Sun on Saturday that if Guerrero has made a decision, "we're not the team."

The Orioles had been considered the early favorites because they are offering more guaranteed money than the Mets, who reportedly offered a $30 million deal over three years with plenty of incentives. But according to the Star-Ledger report, talks between Guerrero and the Orioles had fallen apart.

Guerrero missed close to two months last season because of a herniated disk but was terrific after returning, finishing the season with a .330 average, 25 home runs and 79 RBI for the Expos.
01-11-2004 10:14 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

What an offseason for Anaheim!
01-11-2004 09:41 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away
I need your arms to hold me now
The nights are so unkind
Bring back those nights when I held you beside me

1-Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Un-do this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked outta my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart, my heart

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me
(repeat 1)

Ohh, oh
Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Bring back the nights when I held you beside me
(rpt 1)

Un-break my
Un-break my heart, oh baby
Come back and say you love me
Un-break my heart
Sweet darlin'
Without you I just can't go on
Can't go on

:(
01-13-2004 11:07 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

It's okay, Terpy. At least your team is making an effort to improve itself. My team has added, ahem, John Thomson. :mad:
01-14-2004 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.