Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michelle Wie
Huskiepride Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU & the Cubs

I don't know about you other guys but I'd like to see her make a cut on the men's side. Then even getting a PGA Tour card. I'd like to see how she'd do against the big boys on a regular basis.
07-11-2005 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Huskiepride Wrote:I don't know about you other guys but I'd like to see her make a cut on the men's side. Then even getting a PGA Tour card. I'd like to see how she'd do against the big boys on a regular basis.
She drives 280......the PGA Avg. .......at 15!!!!!! :eek: Annika, who the hell is Annika? Annika couldn't handle the Colonial, the shortest ON the PGA. Michelle can.
07-11-2005 11:44 PM
Quote this message in a reply
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

She's a hell of a golfer, the only problem is that she has never really gotten to learn how to win. Tiger won a ton of events as an amatuer, so he was able to handle the pressure once he was playing on Tour. Wie seems to fall apart when she's got pressure on her.
07-11-2005 11:52 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

GDawgs88 Wrote:She's a hell of a golfer, the only problem is that she has never really gotten to learn how to win. Tiger won a ton of events as an amatuer, so he was able to handle the pressure once he was playing on Tour. Wie seems to fall apart when she's got pressure on her.
Tiger wasn't 15 when he was playing in major competitions. You might want to research when he did start big events. Wie is amazing.
07-12-2005 12:07 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

RebelKev Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:She's a hell of a golfer, the only problem is that she has never really gotten to learn how to win. Tiger won a ton of events as an amatuer, so he was able to handle the pressure once he was playing on Tour. Wie seems to fall apart when she's got pressure on her.
Tiger wasn't 15 when he was playing in major competitions. You might want to research when he did start big events. Wie is amazing.
That's not what I said. I said Tiger won a ton of amatuer events, so by the time he was playing on Tour he already knew how to win. Wie doesn't compete in amatuer events.
07-12-2005 12:12 PM

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

GDawgs88 Wrote:That's not what I said. I said Tiger won a ton of amatuer events, so by the time he was playing on Tour he already knew how to win. Wie doesn't compete in amatuer events.
Practice is practice isn't it? I think she's probably getting a better experience than Tiger. I'd love to see her at the National one year, though I seriously doubt it will be next year.
07-12-2005 12:17 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Yeah, but I just think she's not prepared to handle pressure, because she's never won anything and doesn't have the confidence when it gets to crunch time. I dunno...maybe I'm reading too much into it. She is amazing.
07-12-2005 12:28 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

GDawgs88 Wrote:Yeah, but I just think she's not prepared to handle pressure, because she's never won anything and doesn't have the confidence when it gets to crunch time. I dunno...maybe I'm reading too much into it. She is amazing.
She's still young, but her experience is going to come from playing with the big dogs. Even the LPGA is considered the "big dogs" when it comes to females. So, while Tiger was playing with kids his age, at 15 she's playing with people that are much older and the best at their game.
07-12-2005 12:30 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
RE: Michelle Wie
Is she legal yet?
01-22-2012 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.