Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Five things to watch at the spring game
WMU69 Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
Five things to watch at the spring game
04-13-2007 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Ubish Offline
All American

Ok, so who is lucky enough to be attending today?
04-14-2007 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BaldingBroncoFan Online
Special Teams

I Root For:

I should be able to make at least part of it. Too bad the baseball team isn't home.
04-14-2007 07:14 AM
Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I will be attending the game. Cant wait to see how the offense with Hiller and the two new receivers goes. Just hope it warms up a little bit. It is supposed to be a spring game and not winter game.
04-14-2007 09:05 AM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa

A nice, cool day for tailgating. Don't have to worry about sun in your eyes during the game.

Sounds like there more than a few injured who won't be playing. Goes to show that there was some serious effort being made during spring practice. And it's all good that the backups will be getting their time. Kinda too bad for the fans, though.
04-14-2007 09:59 AM
koeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gobs & Gobs

I'd like to see Peregrin or Burdi win the starting QB job. It would really liven up the WMU boards and it would be interesting to see how many people turn on Cubit since many have a god-like view of him. 04-bow
04-14-2007 10:52 AM

Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Not a bad game I thought. A little chilly since there was a slight wind and no sun. From my view Hiller is the starting qb. Threw his deep balls good. Peregrin was okay on some plays and I will say struggled on others. Even Caleb playing with the scrubs threw a few good passes. After that the qbs sucked. I liked watching Martin and Jamarko making plays too.
04-14-2007 01:59 PM
Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
You werent watching the same game as I was
Hiller had one solid series that went for a TD. Perigrin had one solid series where he took it in himself. Burdi had two solid series where he connected on two long balls but didnt score, and then another where he took the team down the field and scored on a gorgious timing route in the corner of the endzone.

Burdi is going to push Hiller, this kid's got skills.
04-14-2007 03:12 PM
Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

Bonds busted one for 48 yards. Everyone wants to hand he job to West, but I think Cubit is playing some head games with Bonds, and challenging him to have a big senior year. I have a feeling if Bonds stays out of the dog house he'll have a big senior year.
04-14-2007 03:16 PM
Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

Kicking game looks weak. I think Jones gets the nod, but he nor any other kicker has a big leg. I dont see us hitting any beyond 35 yards out.
04-14-2007 03:18 PM
connerito Offline
1st String

I Root For:

koeman Wrote:I'd like to see Peregrin or Burdi win the starting QB job. It would really liven up the WMU boards and it would be interesting to see how many people turn on Cubit since many have a god-like view of him. 04-bow

I guess taking over a team that one w against a 1AA team the year before he took over and then getting 14 wins and a bowl bid is not satisfying enough. 01-wingedeagle
04-14-2007 05:04 PM

Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I got there about halfway thru the first quarter. I dont remember Bonds breaking a long one unless the one he ran sideline to sideline for about a five yard gain counts. I will agree our kicking game is horrible. I was watching I think at halftime and they were missing from 35 yards out. 04-jawdrop It reminded me of a Barry Sanders run. I still believe Hiller is going to be the guy. I thought he looked the best of the qbs. Dont have any idea when you are talking about Burdi. I only thought that Hiller and Peregrin ran the offense well.
04-14-2007 05:05 PM
koeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gobs & Gobs

connerito Wrote:
koeman Wrote:I'd like to see Peregrin or Burdi win the starting QB job. It would really liven up the WMU boards and it would be interesting to see how many people turn on Cubit since many have a god-like view of him. 04-bow

I guess taking over a team that one w against a 1AA team the year before he took over and then getting 14 wins and a bowl bid is not satisfying enough. 01-wingedeagle

But sports now and days is what have you done for me lately. That first loss with either Peregrin or Burdi would start people turning. Come on, there were people clamoring for Hiller this past year after some losses. Hiller is almost as revered as Cubit is.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't care who gets it.
04-14-2007 05:19 PM
connerito Offline
1st String

I Root For:

koeman Wrote:
connerito Wrote:

But sports now and days is what have you done for me lately. That first loss with either Peregrin or Burdi would start people turning. Come on, there were people clamoring for Hiller this past year after some losses. Hiller is almost as revered as Cubit is.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't care who gets it.

We lost two second round player from offense and won 8 games this past year w/out Hiller and wideouts that had NO seperation abilities. I hope the best player wins the spot and we keep getting w's w/the best coach in the MAC. What he accomplished last year was incredible. one win over a BCS school and a near miss at a TOP 5 football factory and a bowl game.
04-14-2007 06:18 PM
Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

Quote: I dont remember Bonds breaking a long one unless the one he ran sideline to sideline for about a five yard gain counts.

Bonds took one down the sideline and was one guy from busting it for a TD. Following the run the announcer says, "Bonds for 48 yards."

Maybe you watch the game like my wife does..............Talks for 4 minutes, watches for 1 minute, asks me "what just happened" on every other play.

Anyway, me and Couch saw it, so I guess it wasnt my imagination
None of the quarterbacks separated themselves from

View from the Couch

Quote:the pack at Saturday's spring game, but all three -- Thomas Peregrin, Tim Hiller and Drew Burdi -- showed enough for me to believe WMU can win with them.

Hiller looked fantastic on one 94-yard scoring drive, Peregrin found a rhythm during the first half and Burdi made a couple exceptional throws.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/weblog/inde...tml#248256[/url]
04-14-2007 06:31 PM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa

I wouldn't want to be in Hiller's shoes. Such huge, unrealistic expectations on the part of a lot of Bronco fans.

His shoes wouldn't fit me, anyway.
04-14-2007 08:40 PM

Chipdip1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

Quote:Such huge, unrealistic expectations

It's a combination of a lot of things.

#1 People never appreciated Ryan Cubit's talent and handle on the game. Many will realize that how good Ryan was come fall.

#2 Hiller never had anyone to compete with. Clark is 4th on the depth chart. The drop off in talent after Hiller was significant, and it helped to make him look that much better.

#3 Hiller had some great targets to throw to. 20 TD's yes, but when you've got GJ beating defenders by 3 steps it makes it easier.

#4 Hiller is still a bit rusty. Let's talk in October when I believe he'll be rounding into form.

I think Hiller will emerge as the starter, but more importantly, we're solid at QB, and arent dependent on a 100% health for the entire year.
04-14-2007 08:48 PM
Ubish Offline
All American

I am a big Hiller supporter. I do realize that he had some amazing talent to throw to when he last started but he also did the other things extremely well. He was no speedster, but he always seemed to find a way to get 6 or 7 yards when we REALLY needed them. Most of all, he made very few mistakes. I'm sure his TDs were inflated a bit throwing to Greg and Sheff all the time, but you can't argue with only 3 picks. Anyway, I just liked the way he played and I hope he gets the job. If not I'll support whoever does because I know that they earned it.
04-14-2007 09:21 PM
Bronco stampede Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Was that long run Bonds had when he got caught from behind. The announcer may have said 48 but it didnt seem that long. That or he is that slow and it took that long to run the distance. And no I was watching the whole game. I will dispute the seperation abilities. Granted it was against the second team, on down, defense but Martin was able to seperate well. And I dont think the expectations on Hiller are unrealistic. As long as the offensive line can keep him upright this offense is going to roll.
04-14-2007 09:27 PM
connerito Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Chipdip1 Wrote:
Quote:Such huge, unrealistic expectations

It's a combination of a lot of things.

#1 People never appreciated Ryan Cubit's talent and handle on the game. Many will realize that how good Ryan was come fall.

#2 Hiller never had anyone to compete with. Clark is 4th on the depth chart. The drop off in talent after Hiller was significant, and it helped to make him look that much better.

#3 Hiller had some great targets to throw to. 20 TD's yes, but when you've got GJ beating defenders by 3 steps it makes it easier.

#4 Hiller is still a bit rusty. Let's talk in October when I believe he'll be rounding into form.

I think Hiller will emerge as the starter, but more importantly, we're solid at QB, and arent dependent on a 100% health for the entire year.

nm.
04-14-2007 11:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.