Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should we worry about Hawkins?
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
Should we worry about Hawkins?
With John Pelphrey taking the Arkansas job the University of South Alabama now has a vacancy. Since Hawk is a USA alumn should we expect them to come after him. If so would he be interested in returning there? I have never heard him talk about his time there very much so I don't really know how much love he has for the place. The Sun Belt for the MAC isn't as crazy as it used to be, and I'm sure the salary would be comperable.
04-09-2007 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa

My guess (and this is just a hunch) is that Hawk would not consider a lateral move at this time. He has some amazing talent on his Bronco squad. WMU is going to make some real bb noise in the next few years. I don't see him moving on until he has built this program into something very special. And by that time, he'll have his pick of big jobs.
04-09-2007 02:39 PM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU

I doubt we have reason to worry. They'd have to offer difference making money and I don't think they can afford that. Plus Hawk's last two seasons here haven't been the type of seasons that attract the big money jobs.
04-09-2007 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

oldbronco1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU/Alabama

The Guy at south alabama was making about 335,000 per...
04-09-2007 03:54 PM
koeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gobs & Gobs

I believe that Hawk has more of a connection to the west coast than USA.
04-09-2007 04:18 PM

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Schedule
I would ask that Hawk try to schedule games with JP now that he is a Hog!
04-09-2007 05:53 PM
Flashboski Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU

I'd say if their former coach was making that much, there is reason to worry given his connection to that school (if they want him). That's a big pay raise to what we can pay him.
04-09-2007 06:48 PM

oldbronco1 Offline
Special Teams

That has to be 125,000 raise for Hawk. Not life changing money for him but he would be taking over a team that was in the tourny with their top three scores coming back that only loses 2 seniors. But it is a 1 bid league just like the mac.

I don't think he goes. It could be a risk but he has good odds of hitting the lottery in the next two or three years. Hell he almost hit it with depaul. That was going to be close to 700,000 for 5 or 6 years.
04-09-2007 07:12 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Broncos

From what little of know of Hawk, I suspect that he is really looking forward to seeing what the talent he has brought in can do over the next few years. I'm guessing he stays until the iron is hot. It's warming up right now. 05-stirthepot
04-09-2007 07:52 PM

oldbronco1 Offline
Special Teams

Quote:Wichita State made a point of trying to keep Turgeon last season by bumping up his salary close to that of Creighton's Dana Altman. USA Today examined Turgeon's contract raises recently, noting that he went from $200,000 when he was hired in 2000 to a new deal that came in at $750,000 a year ago. That put him close to Altman's nearly $1 million salary, according to USA Today

From ESPN...

This is one reason why the MVC is so much better than we are... Turgeon started in 2000: making 200 grand, 7 years later he is making around 750 grand!!! MAC coaches that have been around that long would have started at 170 grand and 7 years later be making 190 grand... :goodnight:
04-09-2007 07:58 PM
oldbronco1 Offline
Special Teams

MileHighBronco Wrote:From what little of know of Hawk, I suspect that he is really looking forward to seeing what the talent he has brought in can do over the next few years. I'm guessing he stays until the iron is hot. It's warming up right now. 05-stirthepot

I agree with everything your say MHB... But if someone were to double or triple his salary he would run his "chubby" ass all the way to where ever that school is and get to work. I think if he stays he will have that chance to triple his salary in the next three years.

As a coach who's health failed him. You never know when it could be all over. When it does end it sucks. Trust me... There is not better job in the world than coaching and if you can get rich doing it, than damn I am jealous...
04-09-2007 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.