Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How will we finish over our final 6 games?
1 - 5
2 - 4
3 - 3
4 - 2
5 - 1
[Show Results]

How Will the Broncos Finish?
MileHighBronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Broncos
How Will the Broncos Finish?
Upcoming schedule:

Sun 2/11 Kent St.
Wed 2/14 @CMU
Sat 2/17 Valpo (bracketbuster)
Thu 2/22 @EMU
Sun 2/25 Toledo
Thu 3/01 NIU
Sun 3/4 @BSU
02-06-2007 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

MileHighBronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm going to be an optomist and say 4 - 3. Losses to Kent State, Toledo and Ball St. Hope they surprise me but their play in three of the past four games isn't inspiring.

I screwed this poll up and there is no way to fix it. Left the BSU game off the list so we have 7 games left, not six.

Can a mod fix it? Change the choices to range from 2-5 to 5-2?
02-06-2007 11:35 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

I say...

We split the CMU and EMU road games
We go 2-1 with the KSU, Toledo and NIU home games
We beat Valpo
We lose at BSU

So I'm guessing a 4-3 record as well.

MHB, if you can't change the poll options, then maybe we can just limit it to MAC games only, then guess the Valpo game within the thread.
02-07-2007 11:04 AM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan

If we can't finish the year over .500 then this season will have been a dissapointment. That would be two losing seasons in a row, in a bad west division, in a weak MAC.
02-07-2007 11:17 AM

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Liam9903 Wrote:If we can't finish the year over .500 then this season will have been a dissapointment. That would be two losing seasons in a row, in a bad west division, in a weak MAC.

I agree.

Though I'm still quite a ways from calling for Hawk to be on the hot seat yet, if only because of the complete lack of seniors. Next year is 'the' year to show noticable improvement with what were supposed to be highly-touted recruiting classes.
02-07-2007 11:58 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I agree about next year and really we knew that coming in to this season. I think our being competitive early, along with the hype, raised everybody's expectations to maybe unreasonable levels.

That said, a less than .500 season will be disappointing.
02-07-2007 04:15 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I am not close to calling for Hawks job by any means. The entire coaching staff has been through a terrible amount of personal tragedy this season which would make me feel like giving them a pass for the season if we weren't so frustratingly close to something better. Two losing seasons in a row would be a huge step back for this program, especially when we see games like the last two where we just threw them away. I am willing to base my judgment of this season on how the team finishes. If it is more of the same then I am going to be cocerned that our basketball program is not heading in the right direction. Lets face it we all knew that Garry Darrnell didn't have it after three straight losing seasons. We waited until things bottomed out in 04 to make a change. I would prefer that we pay closer attention to this program and not let things get to that point.
02-08-2007 09:21 AM

steer Offline
1st String

I agree with Liam. Hawkins is not Darnell or Calhoun. But he is not showing he is Cubit either.
02-08-2007 08:09 PM
texasbronco1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
There are 7 games
There are 7 games left and believe it or not, I believe we will win 6 of them.
02-11-2007 02:00 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Hall of Famer

It's not out of the realm of possibility, especially the way the Broncos showed today against KSU.
02-11-2007 02:28 PM

Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

We'll see if this team has the ability to beat bad teams on the road since we have yet to beat any good ones. Ball State, EMU, and CMU games all on the road are the key to this season. We have the better team and need to come away with 3 wins. I'm sure we can take care of Valpo and NIU at home. Toledo in our building is a toss up.

Assuming that we drop one of those games on the road and lose to a good Toledo team we would probably be looking at a .500 team seeded 5th in the MAC tournament. A second round matchup with Miami or Ohio would put us in good position to at least make the semi finals and finish the season with a winning record and something to build on.
02-12-2007 09:55 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Motown Bronco Wrote:I say...

We split the CMU and EMU road games
We go 2-1 with the KSU, Toledo and NIU home games
We beat Valpo
We lose at BSU

Hmm, so far...
02-17-2007 09:50 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

If we lose to Ball State, CMU, and NIU on the road then I say we don't even show up for the MAC tournament. This group of road warriors doesn't deserve a charter bus to Cleveland if they can't play with any GD pride away from Kalamazoo.
02-18-2007 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.