Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt won't be weakest conference in 2004
Bookmark and Share
DC_Clone
Unregistered

College Football Poll says that the Sun Belt WILL NOT finish the 2004 season as the weakest 1A conference. 04-cheers Open and scroll down to conferences to see who they beleive will replace the Sun Belt. 04-bow

<a href='http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/pre_season_congrove_rankings.html' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/pre_sea...e_rankings.html</a>
08-15-2004 12:26 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

I'll believe it when I see it. If the MAC has another season like last year, they will hardly be the weakest conference.
08-15-2004 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

MeanGreen61 Wrote:College Football Poll says that the Sun Belt WILL NOT finish the 2004 season as the weakest 1A conference.&nbsp; 04-cheers Open and scroll down to conferences to see who they beleive will replace the Sun Belt. 04-bow

<a href='http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/pre_season_congrove_rankings.html' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/pre_sea...e_rankings.html</a>

That works for me; AWESOME, just AWESOME. The SBC is going into only its fourth year as a 1-A football conference and the MAC has been around for 50+ years and the WAC for 40+ years?

The SBC is in a geographical location that increases its ability to recruit top talent; the SBC will only get stronger over the years!

04-cheers
08-15-2004 01:38 PM
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

WKU Topper Jeff Wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. If the MAC has another season like last year, they will hardly be the weakest conference.
Jeff, the upper level MAC teams can hold their own with anyone. It is the rest of them that bring them down just like any other conference. You know the old saying about the weakest link? Bowling Green, Northern Illinois, Marshall, Toledo and Kent State are doing their part.
08-15-2004 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DexterEagle Away
1st String

I Root For: EMU, MSU, SVSU,

On the other hand:

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview04/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=1859248' target='_blank'>Ivan Maisel: MAC>Conference USA</a>

We'll all know the truth 15 weeks from now.
08-15-2004 03:41 PM
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

"Troy State and Idaho are interesting additions. There is some potential here but the league continues to be at the bottom of I-A."

Sounds like Ivan does not know Idaho has been in the Sun Belt 3 years already :rolleyes: based on his vast knowledge of our conference he has us picked last. What a surprise.
08-15-2004 04:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NT75
Unregistered

WKU Topper Jeff Wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. If the MAC has another season like last year, they will hardly be the weakest conference.
I could not agree more.

Bowling Green
Northern Illinois
Miami (OH)
Toledo

All Top 25 calibur teams.
08-15-2004 11:47 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Ya'll should check that link again. CollegeFootballPoll has the Sun Belt ranked last.

And Middle Tennessee should just drop football altogether if we can't have better than a 6-5 record with what CFP and many others deem as the easiest schedule in America!
08-18-2004 08:55 AM
Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane
Unregistered

Guys, there is a reason that 5 MAC schools received votes in both preseason polls; AP and Coaches Poll.

Kent State is not one of the stronger MAC teams as someone suggested, but they are decent.

Toledo, Marshall, Miami, Akron, Bowling Green, and Northern Illinois will all be very good this year and are capable of winning the MAC. Who, outside of North Texas is expected to win the Sun Belt? Who outside of Boise State, Fresno State, or Hawaii are expected to have a chance at winning the WAC? Who outside of Utah or Colorado State is expected to win the MWC?

There are more top teams in the MAC then in those other conferences I mentioned. The fact that there are bottom-feeders in the MAC is true, but there are bottom-feeders in every conference.
08-18-2004 10:17 AM
Advertisement

badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:Guys, there is a reason that 5 MAC schools received votes in both preseason polls; AP and Coaches Poll.

Kent State is not one of the stronger MAC teams as someone suggested, but they are decent.

Toledo, Marshall, Miami, Akron, Bowling Green, and Northern Illinois will all be very good this year and are capable of winning the MAC. Who, outside of North Texas is expected to win the Sun Belt? Who outside of Boise State, Fresno State, or Hawaii are expected to have a chance at winning the WAC? Who outside of Utah or Colorado State is expected to win the MWC?

There are more top teams in the MAC then in those other conferences I mentioned. The fact that there are bottom-feeders in the MAC is true, but there are bottom-feeders in every conference.

Troy will challenge UNT for the SBC football championship and the NO Bowl slot. Unfortunately they do not play each other this year due to the conference realignments. However, Troy may take the crown from UNT this Fall.

04-cheers
08-18-2004 11:19 AM
Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane
Unregistered

badgerwolf Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:Guys, there is a reason that 5 MAC schools received votes in both preseason polls; AP and Coaches Poll.

Toledo, Marshall, Miami, Akron, Bowling Green, and Northern Illinois will all be very good this year and are capable of winning the MAC.&nbsp; Who, outside of North Texas is expected to win the Sun Belt?&nbsp; Who outside of Boise State, Fresno State, or Hawaii are expected to have a chance at winning the WAC?&nbsp; Who outside of Utah or Colorado State is expected to win the MWC?

There are more top teams in the MAC then in those other conferences I mentioned.&nbsp; The fact that there are bottom-feeders in the MAC is true, but there are bottom-feeders in every conference.

Troy will challenge UNT for the SBC football championship and the NO Bowl slot. Unfortunately they do not play each other this year due to the conference realignments. However, Troy may take the crown from UNT this Fall.

04-cheers
So that makes two teams, not 6. My point still stands.
08-18-2004 11:47 AM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
badgerwolf Wrote:

Toledo, Marshall, Miami, Akron, Bowling Green, and Northern Illinois will all be very good this year and are capable of winning the MAC.  Who, outside of North Texas is expected to win the Sun Belt?  Who outside of Boise State, Fresno State, or Hawaii are expected to have a chance at winning the WAC?  Who outside of Utah or Colorado State is expected to win the MWC?

There are more top teams in the MAC then in those other conferences I mentioned.  The fact that there are bottom-feeders in the MAC is true, but there are bottom-feeders in every conference.

04-cheers
So that makes two teams, not 6. My point still stands.

I was not countering your point; I was providing information you lacked.

03-wink
08-18-2004 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2022 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.