Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Victory Bell
Bookmark and Share
illinoisportsfan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU

I haven't checked out this board for a while, so I apologize if this is old news (I didn't see anything on the first couple pages). I finally got a response from Patti Perkins to my plea to bring back the victory bell:

Quote:Dear (illinoisportsfan),

Thank you for your email regarding the Victory Bell.  We have plans to install the bell at the Convocation Center where the many teams who compete there can ring in their victories.  It can also be used as a backdrop for photo opportunities for graduates who have completed their commencement exercises in that facility.

Again, (illinoisportsfan), your interest and support of the university are appreciated.

Patti

:)
10-25-2005 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

Please see pinned topic here:

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=26729' target='_blank'>http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/invision...ST&f=13&t=26729</a>
10-25-2005 02:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Next question.

Where exactly at Convo Center?

Not much to offer other than parking lots and the long, narrow and steep retention pond/channel stretching from highway to doorway.

Will a new support structure house the bell? Has it been designed?
Is lack of sufficient funds any obstacle?

Will bell toll nearer main entry doors and tix office...or further on down & eastward towards Huskie Stadium?

Any time table for this project?

BTW: When will original landscaping plan be finished ? I see alot of worn weeds and barren grass beds between lots and circular road & concrete apron surrounding Convo....

Does a small amount of sod , a pond , a few young trees and a weed covered ditch for runoff qualify as landscaping?
10-25-2005 03:04 PM

dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

Do you ever have the answers?
10-25-2005 03:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

For all his questions, did Socrates ever profess to have all the answers?

Hey - who was it again who supplied the one true answer to why it's named the Rubber Bowl?

Here is another: Who is grand Marshall of the 2005 Sycamore Pumpkin Festival Parade next Sunday?

Give up? Don't Care?
10-25-2005 03:10 PM

NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

dawgs gone wild Wrote:Did Socrates?
Holy Crap Batman - Cyber is comparing himself to Socrates!!! :rofl:
10-25-2005 03:17 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

It's none other than...................are you ready for my answer ?

.....Joe Novak.

Oracles told me so.
10-25-2005 03:18 PM

dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

dawgs gone wild Wrote:For all his questions, did Socrates ever profess to have all the answers?
No, but his diatribes often led the reader to the answer(s).

Thanks for answering the parade question. I was hoping it was you.
10-25-2005 03:20 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Thanks for vote of confidence - altho I have been known as the GREAT PUMPKIN.
10-25-2005 03:22 PM

sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

dawgs gone wild Wrote:For all his questions, did Socrates ever profess to have&nbsp; all the answers?

Hey - who was it again who supplied the one true answer to why it's named the Rubber Bowl?

Here is another: Who is grand Marshall of the 2005 Sycamore Pumpkin Festival Parade next Sunday?

Give up? Don't Care?
They poisoned Socrates.
10-25-2005 03:39 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

too smart for his own good I reckon.

I always ask another to accept a pouring of a drink from my beer can, martini glass, wine bottle or even big gulp if container has been momentarily left unattended...
10-25-2005 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.