Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFN's Mock Draft
Bookmark and Share
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

CFN has their first round mock NFL draft posted. They project who each team will pick in the first round, and who CFN thinks they should take.

New England picks 32nd. And CFN thinks they should take Turner in the first round. The say:

With the lousy Antowain Smith the team's main rushing option, a powerful back with deceptive speed like Turner would start right away.
01-22-2004 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

I never get my hopes up to high for the draft. I expect Turner to go in the very late 2nd or 3rd round. It does not sound like he is blowing anybody away at the Senior bowl practices, so this may not allow him to move up. I pretty sure this hurt Leshon also. He fumbled in the Senior Bowl, if my memory is not completely shot.
01-22-2004 12:52 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The NFL combine held the week after the Super Bowl in Indianapolis will be Michael Turner's biggest stage. Right now most draft progosticators see him going in the late 2nd round or 3rd round. Generally a weak year for running backs much like last year when Larry Johnson was the first back taken late in the 1st round by Kansas City. Chris Perry of Michigan probably is the first back to go this year.
01-22-2004 01:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply

Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Kevin Jones will go before Perry, I would bet on it.
01-22-2004 02:29 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Perry?

WHAT?

KEVIN JONES? Ever hear of him? Steven Jackson ring a bell?

Perry will slip to the 2nd or 3rd, he isn't a big numbers guy, not super fast, not super strong, decent in both.

In fact i'd be willing to bet teams will take 2 or 3 RB's in the first round. And thats the high end. This is not the year of the RB, and teams can see that. They can hold out till later to pick up Turner or Wilson out of WVA...Payton may even be worth a 6 or 7th round pick.
01-22-2004 03:52 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.