Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kiper On Turner
Bookmark and Share
Chiefs8859 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

On espn.com's coverage of the seniorbowl, Kiper has a audio wrap up of the week, and when asked about Turner he said he was very unimpressed with him. Kiper said Turner is slow out of the gate and not fast enough. He also didn't like his recieving abilitly. Kiper said before the season he thought Turner was a 2nd rounder but after this week of practice and this season he thinks he'll drop till the 4th to 6th round range. I'm shocked, I think Turner is a first day selection without a doubt. 6th round....No way! What does everyone think about this
01-25-2004 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

He is the same moran who had him in his top 25 about 6 weeks ago. He sucks.
01-25-2004 04:28 PM
NIUbro Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I somebody would recap his predictions over the years just to see how accurate he has been and how credible he is.
01-25-2004 05:57 PM

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

2 players he had listed as #1 or #2 players in the draft....

Ryan Leaf, Andre Wadsworth....

Some of his "top Runners"
Thomas Jones!!!!! Now if that isn't a top runner i don't know what is...

If i recall he also really liked eddie kennison and Cade McNown....

But every year kiper seems to be way off about some players...Like that DE from wake the Cards took in the first, he said he had him in the 3rd or 4th round...And Levi Jones the year before who went to the bengals in the first and MEL said he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
01-25-2004 07:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
notsofast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Of course, I can also point to about HUNDREDS of guys Kiper was right on about. His business isn't an exact science. Although, he is the best at what he does.

We don't have to like it but I do think Mel Kiper has some credibility. Obviously Michael didn't do real well in the workouts and practices. Thats really what its all about.
01-26-2004 01:16 AM

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Kiper is one of the only people that does what he does to the extent in which he does it. He's very thorough, but his job is to evaluate - it's an opinion based on observation, and by nature it's bound to not be entirely accurate in application. That said, he's very good at what he does, but everyone misses - remember, the Chargers and Cardinals agreed with Kiper when they took Leaf and Wadsworth, so he wasn't the only fool in the bunch!

IMO, Turner needs to show more explosion in his cuts to make it in the NFL. He has that ability, but generally has been able to wait and wait and possibly slip around the corner - he won't be able to beat safeties and OLB's in the NFL doing that. But he's also a load to bring down - that may help him in the draft. A good 40 time at the combine would help immensely!
01-26-2004 09:06 AM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

I'm not really surprised by any of this, as people have been selling Mike short his entire career. Same thing happened to him coming out of HS.

Regardless of his draft position, he'll get a shot in the NFL. Hopefully this stuff will prompt him to work harder to excel at the next level.

I'd love to see the kid get a shot w the Bears! :D 04-rock
01-26-2004 11:51 AM

Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

But wouldn't you love to see him drafted high, get a decent contract, and start donating money back to "The Program"?
01-26-2004 12:40 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

Flying Corn Wrote:I'm not really surprised by any of this, as people have been selling Mike short his entire career. Same thing happened to him coming out of HS.

Regardless of his draft position, he'll get a shot in the NFL. Hopefully this stuff will prompt him to work harder to excel at the next level.

I'd love to see the kid get a shot w the Bears! :D 04-rock
Why would you want to torture him like that? 03-lol
01-26-2004 12:45 PM
niuss Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I don't buy 4th to 6th round. He's basing it on one week. I believe there are NFL scouts smarter than him who saw him at Alabama and other games the last two seasons who noticed his speed going around the corner and his size. If he drops to the 4th round, I will be very surprised.
01-30-2004 06:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.