CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

When does our offical list come out?
02-04-2004 02:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply

DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

Should be this afternoon at some point.

I'm not sure how Rivals.com figured this, since the official lists aren't out yet, but they've got our recruiting class #1 in the MAC:

MID-AMERICAN CONFERENCE
Rivals.com: 1. Northern Illinois. 2. Marshall. 3. Bowling Green. 4. Miami (Ohio). 5. Western Michigan. 6. (tie) Akron and Ball State. 8. (tie) Central Michigan, Toledo and Ohio. 11. (tie) Eastern Michigan and Kent State. 13. Buffalo.
02-04-2004 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Do they put the list up on the niuhuskies.com site?

Anyone going to try making it to the Blackhawk Caf to hear Joe's comments in person Thurs.?
02-04-2004 04:46 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

NIURedBlack Wrote:Do they put the list up on the niuhuskies.com site?

Anyone going to try making it to the Blackhawk Caf to hear Joe's comments in person Thurs.?
I will be there tomorrow if I remember. I will try and report what is said including things(if any) that may be said not on radio.
02-04-2004 04:53 PM

DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

Coach Joe is giving a run down tonight at halftime of the basketball game. There will also be a feature on the football recruits during Inside Huskie Sports tomorrow at 3:30 on FoxSports Net.
02-04-2004 05:07 PM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

I Root For: UCF

DiehardHuskie Wrote:Should be this afternoon at some point.

I'm not sure how Rivals.com figured this, since the official lists aren't out yet, but they've got our recruiting class #1 in the MAC:

MID-AMERICAN CONFERENCE
Rivals.com: 1. Northern Illinois. 2. Marshall. 3. Bowling Green. 4. Miami (Ohio). 5. Western Michigan. 6. (tie) Akron and Ball State. 8. (tie) Central Michigan, Toledo and Ohio. 11. (tie) Eastern Michigan and Kent State. 13. Buffalo.
Sorry for intruding...but what about UCF? Yeah, I know, I'm opening this up to a bunch of shots but, just curious as to the omission?! Thanks.
02-04-2004 05:16 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

Yes, Mike, you did tee one up for me, but I'll take a pass. Don't want any trouble when we head down to Orlando this fall for the game. 03-lol

Yeah, I missed that. I had nothing to do with it, the link was sent to me by my buddy from WMU. Blame the Broncos! 03-lol
02-04-2004 10:34 PM

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I wonder how good the florida WR's we have this year are. Anyone else hear coach joe at halftime say he has to wait till summer to see if they are going to redshirt, their speed may be too great to keep them off the field.

Thats an amazing thing to say for a MAC team, usually we dont' have much speed, but seem sthis year we got a lot, not forgetting britt davis either.
02-05-2004 01:52 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

crazywilly Wrote:I wonder how good the florida WR's we have this year are. Anyone else hear coach joe at halftime say he has to wait till summer to see if they are going to redshirt, their speed may be too great to keep them off the field.

Thats an amazing thing to say for a MAC team, usually we dont' have much speed, but seem sthis year we got a lot, not forgetting britt davis either.
I'm still drooling about Davis's size and 4.35 speed!! 04-bow 04-rock 04-rock 04-bow
02-05-2004 08:57 AM
Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Do you think we'll spread our offense out a little bit when and if Britt becomes a starter ? I think that we'll never get away from our emphasis on running the football. But at the same time, we could add a couple of spread formations for Britt where we can run, pass or give Britt the option to do either when he rolls out of the pocket. This could be dangerous!
02-05-2004 09:09 AM

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I guarantee that if Britt does win the job at any point, his skills will be utilized. You don't take a physical talent like that and not take advantage of what he does well. I'd be surprised if we don't run some spread stuff, I just doubt we'll turn into BG's spread offense overnight.
02-05-2004 09:28 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Man forget britt, i can just imagine Adonis or Matthews returning kicks, and running the ol' reverse and dominating MAC teams. Now we have 3 Legit sub 4.5 WR's.

May not sound like much, but i think in the MAC that is going to be a great weapon to have. Not to mention a 4.35 QB!
02-05-2004 10:27 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Santino Panico, a great football talent who played high school football in my backyard in Libertyville, signs with Nebraska (see link). Panico was heavily recruited by Miami (Oh). Very happy for him, especially the fact that he won't be in the MAC to torment. He is a dandy talent.
<a href='http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=32202' target='_blank'>http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...00&ATCLID=32202</a>
02-05-2004 11:42 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

What are you talking about alum?

Is this the niu85alum board, i dont' think anyone really cares about who nebraska gets....And what tourney are you talking about Hoops?

So are we talking hoops and football?
02-05-2004 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.