Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Secondary Coaching Job Filled
Bookmark and Share
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

This guy seems to have quite an impressive resume.

<a href='http://www3.niu.edu/athletics/football/agate04/Bernstein-hired.htm' target='_blank'>http://www3.niu.edu/athletics/football/aga...stein-hired.htm</a>
02-16-2004 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Chiefs8859 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

wasn't he hired a few weeks back??
02-16-2004 09:53 PM
North Side Huskie Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hired but the press release always comes later. Don't blame the Huskie PR department, Joe has them release this information when he's ready to release the info. No reason to release the information until recruiting season is officially done.
02-17-2004 12:17 AM

niucob86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

From UA website:

Steve Bernstein gives the Arizona staff three decades of defensive experience and some long-standing focus on the college football pass coverage game.

UA's secondary should have an improved year with more continuity and direct emphasis this year. The Cats were No. 3 in the Pac-10 in pass defense a year ago and expect to be better.

In 2003, Bernstein regains coaching duties for the entire secondary after working with corners and the free safety uner the Cats' flex system a year ago.

Bernstein's most recent prior assignment before joining John Mackovic's 2001 UA staff as as secondary coach at Louisiana State (1998-89). He has worked with Mackovic at two other major programs, as secondary coach at Texas from 1992-97 and in the same position at Illinois from 1988-91.

Bernstein
02-17-2004 04:30 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

This guy has some tremendous experience!!

We've managed the last couple of years to replace young up-and-coming coaches with experienced guys, and it's not because we pay gobs of money.
02-17-2004 07:51 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

Anybody know how the Orange County, San Diego area is for H.S. football? I know Cali is pretty good but is that part of Cali any good? Maybe he still has some contacts in Texas as well. We may lose some of Florida which hurts but if he can recruit Texas and Cali it could be a big plus. Expanding our reach is a good thing if done in moderation.
02-18-2004 02:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.