Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

give Jud and Huskies some credit
Bookmark and Share
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Neither the players nor staff have faxed in the season. They continue to play hard with what they have. The win over Redhawks last nite only stopped the bleeding and kept this team out of the NIU record books for futility. They are NOT very good but IMO they are also not deserving of the ablatross award either . They competed in alot of games and were rarely blown out from the start. Many times they fought back in games, made their own runs and perservered only to come up short.

No one should take any heart for the tourney based on this upset.

Enjoy a positive for what is is. Go Huskies beat Chips.
02-26-2004 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

They looked good last night. Free throws were 80% and we reduced our turnovers. I can't remember the last time we shot 80% from the line, prob a first for the season. I really liked that reverse layup McKinney made, SWEET!
02-26-2004 10:46 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

cyberdawg Wrote:...Many times they fought back in games, made their own runs and  perservered only to come up short...
And many times they have had big leads, only to apparently give up. The Huskies' vacation in Hawaii when they were supposed to be playing basketball was the beginning of the downslide.

I do have hopes for next year, but I don't think the Huskies will really succeed until we get a new coach. I'm not too worried because I know Jud will keep applying for coaching openings, and one day he will be successful.
02-26-2004 10:46 AM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. This season has been such a complete disaster, I cannot really find any positives. Sorry. :mad:
02-26-2004 01:44 PM

cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

It's looking more like NIU will open on road against either Ball State, Buffalo or Bowling Green.

Who do we best match up with or would you like to beat the most-and why? Dakich wins my vote.

Would at least one upset win help much to reduce soar tastes a tiny bit in many mouths? IOW: Does it really matter much?
BTW: Anyone draw any conclusions from results of bracket buster weekend? Seemed to be mixed results confirming what some had suggested earlier - MAC not as strong top to bottom compared to last two years.
02-26-2004 02:54 PM
NIUbro Offline
1st String

I Root For:

cyberdawg Wrote:It's looking more like NIU will open on road against either Ball State, Buffalo or Bowling Green.

Who do we best match up with or would you like to beat the most-and why? Dakich wins my vote.

Would at least one upset win help much to reduce soar tastes a tiny bit in many mouths? IOW: Does it really matter much?
BTW: Anyone draw any conclusions from results of bracket buster weekend? Seemed to be mixed results confirming what some had suggested earlier - MAC not as strong top to bottom compared to last two years.
Noticed that Buffalo beat Kent State who came off of a win against Creighton.. Buffalo would appear to be one of the favorites to sneak in and win the MAC tournament
02-26-2004 04:54 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

NIUBro Wrote:
cyberdawg Wrote:It's looking more like NIU will open on road against either Ball State, Buffalo or Bowling Green.

Would  at least one  upset win  help much to reduce soar tastes a tiny  bit in many mouths? IOW: Does it really matter much?
Noticed that Buffalo beat Kent State who came off of a win against Creighton.. Buffalo would appear to be one of the favorites to sneak in and win the MAC tournament
If the Huskies can't do it, I'm surely rooting for the Bulls. They could use some joy in Buffalo, and this would really give that campus a shot in the arm.
02-26-2004 05:40 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

[quote="Dog Fan"] [quote="NIUBro"][quote="cyberdawg"] It's looking more like NIU will open on road against either Ball State, Buffalo or Bowling Green.

Would
02-26-2004 09:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.