Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU will most likely play Buffalo in 1st rd
Bookmark and Share
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

A Glance At NIU's MAC Tourney Scenarios

One thing is for certain, the Northern Illinois men's basketball team won't know where they are going for the opening round of the Mid-American Conference Tournament until Saturday evening. Until then, however, here is a cheat sheet to follow during Saturday's games to help give you an early idea of where NIU will be heading for next week's opening round.

Three possibilities exist for the Huskies as first-round opponents: Ball State, Bowling Green and Buffalo. Miami was excluded from that list by virtue of its win at Kent State on Wednesday (March 3).

NIU MAC Tournament Scenarios:

If NIU WINS at Western Michigan on Saturday:
Go To Ball State if: Buffalo wins at Akron; Eastern Michigan wins at home vs. Bowling Green; Kent State wins at Ohio
Or
Buffalo wins at Akron; Bowling Green wins at Eastern Michigan; Ohio wins at home vs. Kent State
Or
Akron wins vs. Buffalo and Eastern Michigan and Ohio both win and Ball State win sat Central Michigan

Go To Bowling Green if: Bowling Green wins at Eastern Michigan and Kent State wins at Ohio

Go To Buffalo if: Akron wins at home vs. Buffalo and Ball State wins at Central Michigan; either Eastern Michigan or Ohio wins
(the other must lose)
Or
Buffalo wins at Akron and both Eastern Michigan (vs. Bowling Green) and Ohio (vs. Kent State) win

If NIU LOSES at Western Michigan on Saturday:
Go To Ball State if: Akron wins at home vs. Buffalo and Ball State wins at Central Michigan

Go To Buffalo if: Buffalo wins at Akron
03-04-2004 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

My best guess is shuffle off to buffalo who I think is our worst matchup of the contenders.

IMO:
*Chances of NIU winning in Kzoo = .000000000000000000009
** too many other scenarious required to have something otherwise than Buffalo

It will be interesting to follow what sort of turnout Buffalo gets for its first real opportunity to do anything signif in any MAC sport.
03-04-2004 04:23 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

cyberdawg Wrote:My best guess is shuffle off to buffalo who I think is our worst matchup of the contenders.

IMO:
*Chances of NIU winning in Kzoo = .000000000000000000009
** too many other scenarious required to have something otherwise than Buffalo

It will be interesting to follow what sort of turnout Buffalo gets for its first real opportunity to do anything signif in any MAC sport.
I am a bit disappointed that it looks like Beefalo. Oops, I meant Buffalo. I was hoping for something closer because I have a week off of work for the road trip. I was actually hoping for Miami since I have never been there. Not to mention we have to play one of the hottest teams in the conference in the first round which doesn't help our chances of moving to the second round in Cleveland. Oh well, I will just have to listen to the game.

P.S. There actually is an animal called a beefalo. It is a cross between a cow and buffalo. I am starting to sound like Cybes again this is a bad sign. 03-banghead
03-05-2004 01:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.