Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stats from Spring Game
Bookmark and Share
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

<a href='http://www3.niu.edu/athletics/football/agate04/Box%20Scores/SPRING04.HTM' target='_blank'>Spring Game Box Score</a>

They confuses Hilby with Haldi in the passing stats. They have Horvath with 2 tackles. we left when it started to rain, did he play some defense late in the game?
04-16-2004 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Field Turf Wrote:<a href='http://www3.niu.edu/athletics/football/agate04/Box%20Scores/SPRING04.HTM' target='_blank'>Spring Game Box Score</a>

They confuses Hilby with Haldi in the passing stats. They have Horvath with 2 tackles. we left when it started to rain, did he play some defense late in the game?
Horvath the guy from Naperville>? I thought he was rigid as a board, how did he get on D?
04-16-2004 01:43 PM
Quote this message in a reply
niustat83 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That's because some of the same numbers were on offense and defense. The stat system didn't like it.
04-18-2004 12:11 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

BTW: I underestimated the attendance numbers in earlier report;
"Crowd" of 1500 was nearly twice the size guesstimated by cybes.

FTR: Cheerleaders finished tied for 8th at competition in Daytona fa;lling from third in prelims. Huskies including Victor got about three seconds of air time in one hour broadcast on CBS Sat afternoon....NO, i was not inside to watch but I did tape show and able to fastforward later to enjoy the national" exposure" of NIU squad.....unfortunatenly it was not as big a sensation as janet Jackson's....

Suggestion for next spring. If Huskie athletes are to be honored on field...let's do it right. Have a photo and hometown on videoboard in action as well as closeup , ask each to step forward when introduced ......
04-19-2004 09:20 AM

NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Just curious, anyone know why the spring game was on Thursday rather than Saturday?
04-19-2004 09:49 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

NIURedBlack Wrote:Just curious, anyone know why the spring game was on Thursday rather than Saturday?
Could it have to do with attempted Media Coverage? Maybe we were holding out hope more media types would come if it wasn't at the same time as say, U of I's or any other big 10 schools.
04-19-2004 11:34 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

NIUGAMBLER Wrote:
NIURedBlack Wrote:Just curious, anyone know why the spring game was on Thursday rather than Saturday?
Could it have to do with attempted Media Coverage? Maybe we were holding out hope more media types would come if it wasn't at the same time as say, U of I's or any other big 10 schools.
It makes no difference, since we got virtually no media coverage anyway.

Maybe it's not on a Saturday because a Saturday would mean more fans. More fans would mean more expenses (staffing, cleanup, parking, etc.). In addition, they'd have to open up another parking lot or two. Perhaps it's too much of a hassle considering that it's free to attend. Of course, this thinking would be crazy. That's why it just could be true! :rolleyes:
04-19-2004 11:41 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Dog Fan Wrote:
NIUGAMBLER Wrote:
It makes no difference, since we got virtually no media coverage anyway.

Maybe it's not on a Saturday because a Saturday would mean more fans. More fans would mean more expenses (staffing, cleanup, parking, etc.). In addition, they'd have to open up another parking lot or two. Perhaps it's too much of a hassle considering that it's free to attend. Of course, this thinking would be crazy. That's why it just could be true! :rolleyes:
Come on dog fan there is no great NIU conspiracy against themselvs. We want to bring in fans its just the lack of leadership is glaring, the thinking had to have been we want media types to come, but the media didn't show up, the thinking probably that without turner the huskies aren't going to be much. But thats just another example of how stupid the chicago sports media is.
04-19-2004 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.