Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Turner Pick Prediction
Bookmark and Share
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Let's everyone predict both the round and the team in which The Burner will be drafted.

I'll predict 3rd round by the Raiders.

(would love to see the Lions take him to see him play against the Bears twice a year).
04-22-2004 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I predict Round 2 or 3 by the lions. Either round they want a RB, just depends on when they pick him up. They have a scat back, now they want a big boy.
04-22-2004 11:17 AM
Quote this message in a reply
notsofast Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Fourth round, Dallas.
04-22-2004 11:34 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

notsofast Wrote:Fourth round, Dallas.
Ah...good call with dallas...
I really think that dallas may pick up a back in the 2nd like tatum bell, or even chris perry.
04-22-2004 11:50 AM
Quote this message in a reply
DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

3rd round to Philadelphia. How's McNabb, Terrell Owens and Burner for a backfield?
04-22-2004 12:26 PM

Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I saw one mock having the Titans taking Turner in round 4. I have read the Titans may cut George after June 1. So, Turner would then battle Chris Brown from Naperville for the starting job. Plus, I am sure Bob Heimerdinger has raved to his son Mike about the Burner.
04-22-2004 12:31 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

Now that the Titans let McCareins go to the Jets, they'll be looking for some new NIU talent to fill the roster spot!
04-22-2004 12:37 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

4th round to the Raiders. From what I have read alot of teams like the Burner as a kick returner.
04-22-2004 05:18 PM
NIUFAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Third Round-Ravens (Lewis is going to be running from other prisoners soon).
04-22-2004 05:54 PM

NYHusky Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm predicting Turner to the Jets. Rumor has it the Jets want to trade their first round pick(#12) and LaMont Jordan to the Lions for their first pick (#6).
The Jets need a quality CB and are obsessed with DeAngelo Hall and he won't last until the 12th pick. And we all know the Lions need a RB.

With Curtis Martin on the slide (still love this guy though) and Jordan gone, they need RB's. They have 2 picks in the 4th round, so this is possible.

JMAC, Finlen and Turner on the same team. I think am doing too much wishful thinking.

Hopefully, I hope he goes higher so he can get more $$$$$$!!!!
:D
04-22-2004 06:58 PM
pantone1935 Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies

Bengals pick number (I know it is a hedge) 3/96,
4/114 or 4/117. They need backup for Johnson.
GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-23-2004 06:49 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

I think he has fallen to the 4th round also, but I also think that he will be in the league for at least 6-7 years. I just hope he was smart enough not ot agree to have any cameras at his house. That gets pretty embarassing as you keep getting passed up.
04-23-2004 08:42 AM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

4th- Bears.
04-23-2004 09:04 AM

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

I would hope that Turner will go in the 2nd round. He certainly deserves to! However, I can not get over the prejudice against NIU, smaller schools, and the mid-majors, in general. Thus, I am thinking he will go in the 4th round. If he goes to the Lions, I think he'll be picked in the second or third round.

What will really upset me is if Azar does not get drafted. I know that this looks to be a weak year for kickers and teams do not need many kickers, but IMO there is not a better kicker in the country. No one can say it's because we play "weaker" opponents. Kicking the ball is kicking the ball! His records nationally and in the MAC speak for themselves. How many pros can consistently hit the long ones like he can? Any team with a less-than-perfect kicker would be foolish not to draft him. 09-hitit
04-23-2004 09:41 AM
niu79 Offline
All American

Dog Fan,

I think the round that Burner will be drafted is due to his showing up at the Senior Bowl in less than the best shape. Otherwise he might have gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.
04-23-2004 01:26 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

Read page page of the Tribe this am on the bonus by draft round. Round 2 and 3 have a big gap. I really hope he does not fall to 4, becasue Round 3 Bonus is about $500k. That's about 15 pay comparted top the people taking normal jobs out of college. Also hope he has a good advisor that makes he save every penny of it.
04-23-2004 01:28 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Azar is better than Nick Kaeding Dog Fan? I love Steve, but no way he is better thank Kaeding. Steve may be a clutch FG kicker, but his lack of distance on kick-offs might doom him. If he doesn't get drafted, I hope he chooses the team he goes to via free agency wisely, and finds a team that already has a punter or someone who is adequate in kick-offs.
04-23-2004 01:52 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

Alot of the good placekickers in the NFL can't kick-off worth a damn. Azar may be one of the top kickers available, but there will probably be only one or two drafted. Most active kickers in the league started their careers as undrafted free agents. If he's lucky he signs on with a dome team.
04-23-2004 02:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.