04-21-2004 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

jjj Wrote:so where  is it available? is it on dvd?? i am going to niu
tomorrow and would like to pick one up
There is no 2003 highlight tape available yet. I was told this directly by Brad Hoey and Joyce James from the football office. Brad Hoey has been working on a tape since earlier this year. The last I heard is that if it is released for sale, it should be soon.
04-21-2004 01:44 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

That's funny DogFan, the VHS tape I received in the mail was labeled 2003 highlight tape, and the three times I have watched it, they appeared to be 2003 highlights. Wait, did we beat Maryland and Alabama in some previous season?
04-21-2004 02:48 PM
pantone1935 Offline
1st String

I Root For: huskies

Have to agree with Dog Fan as I have talked to Joyce as well and she knows nothing about it. Apparently Field Turf is an alias for Barsema and they sent Turf the original.
GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-21-2004 02:54 PM

Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I'm dumbfounded as to why Joyce says they don't have one. I have the email she sent me with how to go about getting one. They must not want to reproduce it, or something. She gave me the name of the video coordinator (who I guess is busy and must have told her just tell people we don't have one).

A lesson to be learned here: just because someone says something (i.e. that they don't have it), doesn't make it true.

Obviously, they have one, they show it every year at the football banquet.

It's nicely put together, although they repeat some of the highlights a little more than the 2002 tape.

Just call me Field "Barsema" Turf. They must have been laughing at me for spending $20 to buy it.
04-21-2004 03:05 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Field Turf Wrote:That's funny DogFan, the VHS tape I received in the mail was labeled 2003 highlight tape, and the three times I have watched it, they  appeared to be 2003 highlights.  Wait, did we beat Maryland and Alabama in some previous season?
Then why is Joyce playing dumb with the rest of us? And some of us are big donors. This just does not make sense. There is no 2003 highlight tape available for sale to the general public.
04-21-2004 03:13 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Field Turf Wrote:I'm dumbfounded as to why Joyce says they don't have one.  I have the  email she sent me with how to go about getting one.  They must not want to reproduce it, or something.  She gave me the name of the video coordinator (who I guess is busy and must have told her just tell people we don't have one).

A lesson to be learned here: just because someone says something (i.e. that they don't have it), doesn't make it true.

Obviously, they have one, they show it every year at the football banquet.

It's nicely put together, although they repeat some of the highlights a little more than the 2002 tape.

Just call me Field "Barsema" Turf.  They must have been laughing at me for spending $20 to buy it.
Apparently, you have a copy of the tape issued to the players. This is the tape shown at the football banquet and given to each player. They cannot sell or distribute this to the general public because it contains copyrighted music. Because of this, Brad Hoey has been producing another tape without the copyrighted music. This tape will be made available for distribution to the public. Brad told me it would be ready sometime around the end of this month. If you have the tape given to the players, then Joyce made a faux pas.
04-21-2004 03:23 PM

Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I borrowing this phantom tape from my boy Turf tomorrow. I'll let you know if it's real.
04-21-2004 03:52 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Sounds like my tape has some added value now. EBay here I come.
04-21-2004 04:00 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I think this was their way of repaying me for letting them use my name as the surface we play our home games on. The slate is clean now.
04-21-2004 04:03 PM

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Field Turf Wrote:I think this was their way of repaying me for letting them use my name as the surface we play our home games on.  The slate is clean now.
This is not the reason and the slate is not clean...yet! Apparently, you did not read the fine print that came with the tape. I was able to get a copy of that fine print. Here it is:

"In consideration of the Athletic Dept. sending you the enclosed tape, you are hereby required to sit with Cybes for each home game during the 2004 football season. In addition, for any away games you attend, you will be required to share a room with one queen-size bed with Cybes. The Athletic Dept. will not be responsible for any pain or enjoyment administered to you by Cybes. Nutkicks are expressly forbidden by either party." 03-nutkick

Tell me, FT, is the tape really worth all this??
04-21-2004 04:11 PM
greenbrier41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Turf,

Let me borrow the tape after Lukalos. I'll be by to bug ya.
04-21-2004 04:30 PM
thenino60 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

If I had more than one vcr i would copy the damn thing for everyone just so we wouldnt have to go through all ths bickering. Joyce is kinda lost sometimes. If you really want to pay ask for Johnny H. Or John Hauser. GA video guy.
04-21-2004 04:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Dog Fan, you have made me see the light. Having to spend any time time with Cybes is definately NOT worth owning that tape. I promise to burn it as soon as I get home tonight (after I watch it one more time, of course).
04-21-2004 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.