Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sox, Yankees and Coach Joe
Bookmark and Share
DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

Anybody going to the Huskie Club event at tonight's Sox-Yankees game with Coach Joe throwing out the first pitch?
04-22-2004 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

DiehardHuskie Wrote:Anybody going to the Huskie Club event at tonight's Sox-Yankees game with Coach Joe throwing out the first pitch?
I only wish! I was hoping I'd win the free ticket at the spring game, no such luck.
04-22-2004 12:40 PM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

leaving work shortly. You will have one of my stellar reports tomorrow.
04-22-2004 01:40 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Lukulos and FT will be there. It's also White Sox rally towel night.

Joe, Free Towels & my Yankees, what more could you ask for? (besdies not running into Cybes, hopefully).
04-22-2004 02:22 PM

Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Just Back,

Joe's first pitch - Low and Outside for a Ball.
Looked like a 58ft Curve ball.
04-22-2004 10:51 PM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

Field Turf Wrote:Lukulos and FT will be there. It's also White Sox rally towel night.

Joe, Free Towels & my Yankees, what more could you ask for?
You're Yankees?

All I can say is I sure hope you're from New York City, FT.

I can't even attend Sox/Team Satan games anymore because of all the poseur "yankee fans" from Elmhurst in attendance. 03-puke

Happily, the Sox take third game of the set to keep within one game of the hated Twins.

Baseball may actually keep my mind somewhat off the upcoming Huskie season this summer.
04-23-2004 09:03 AM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I've been a Yankee's fan all my life (dad was from NY and brought me up that way). I'm not even a band wagon jumper because I liked them even when they were bad in the early 70's, when they had guys like Horace Clarke, Roy White and the first DH ever, Ron Bloomberg.
04-23-2004 09:45 AM

bleedingorange Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

[QUOTE=Lukulos,Apr 22 2004, 10:51 PM]Just Back,

Haldi's first pass - Low and Outside for a pick by Janssen Patton.
Looked like this:

<a href='http://bgsufalcons.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102503aab.html?pic=1' target='_blank'>http://bgsufalcons.collegesports.com/sport...3aab.html?pic=1</a>

03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
04-23-2004 09:59 AM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I seem to remember your Josh floating up two wounded ducks that Randee Drew picked off that day as well.
04-23-2004 10:25 AM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Suite located just beyond left field foul pole.....nice vantage point but higher than expected......never been there before... looks better in person than on TV.....and yea, the upper deck seating still looks quite steep.....last Sox game attended was when ReggieJ hit a three run homer in top of ninth to overtake WSox and win .....I've been a Yankees fan since series with old Milkwaukee Braves....There were alot of NY caps displayed by those in parking lots and i standing in lines passed getting to GATE 4.

Food alright but $16 for parking a bit steep but still worth it in that area.... drank my share of beer and left after three innings for a 9pm commitment....met Shur and Mrs. Novak for first time.....chatted with Collins, Baker, Lindo....not much inside stuff to report....

Joe got a nice roar of support from NIU attendees while taking mound and he later joined everyone ...all I said to him following the pitch was sure looks like you had alot of fun...he sure can work a crowd.....

If you attended and are wondering - who was cybes, I can offer a clue if interested.
04-23-2004 11:01 AM

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

dawgs gone wild Wrote:If you attended and are&nbsp; wondering - who was cybes, I can offer a clue if interested.
Were you the 60ish guy with buck teeth, baggy and holey pants, who smelled, had mustard all over your mouth, mucous running from your nose, and who kept belching as you left in the third inning? I thought that was you! 03-wink
04-23-2004 11:12 AM
dawgs gone wild Offline
1st String

I Root For:

great description.......of someone else...but a good try.

when leaving early , I saw in an parking lot free of any fans or attendants a vanity plate with ON WISC on the back of a Jeep with wheel cover displaying a "W"....Tuff as it was, I did the mature thing....I let only half the air out of front tire.....

just kidding.
04-23-2004 11:51 AM
Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Flying Corn Wrote:
Field Turf Wrote:Lukulos and FT will be there.&nbsp; It's also White Sox rally towel night.

You're Yankees?

I can't even attend Sox/Team Satan games anymore because of all the poseur "yankee fans" from Elmhurst in attendance. 03-puke

Happily, the Sox take third game of the set to keep within one game of the hated Twins.

Baseball may actually keep my mind somewhat off the upcoming Huskie season this summer.
FT Can speak for himself. I for one, LOVE MY PALEHOSE!
I go way the way back to the Jorge Orta, Ken Henderson, Carlos May and Pat Kelly days. And who can forget the starting rotation of Jim Kaat, Wilber Wood, Stan Bhansen, Terry Forster and Rich "Goose" Gossage.

Go Huskies and Go Sox.
04-23-2004 12:24 PM

DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

Ah, the ol' powder blue and red unis!
04-23-2004 12:28 PM
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

Lukulos Wrote:
Flying Corn Wrote:
Field Turf Wrote:Lukulos and FT will be there.  It's also White Sox rally towel night.

You're Yankees?

FT Can speak for himself. I for one, LOVE MY PALEHOSE!
I go way the way back to the Jorge Orta, Ken Henderson, Carlos May and Pat Kelly days. And who can forget the starting rotation of Jim Kaat, Wilber Wood, Stan Bhansen, Terry Forster and Rich "Goose" Gossage.

Go Huskies and Go Sox.
04-bow 04-bow 04-bow

Despite the loss yesterday, I'm feeling a little more optimistic about this season than I was at first.

Ozzie seems to have instilled a winning attitude, something conspicuosly absent from last year's team.

Go Sox! Go Huskies!

FT, if you're dad's from NYC, that's acceptable, IMO 03-wink . It just seems like theres an awful lot of "fans" who've glommed on to the Yankees because they're fashionable.

Of course it could be worse; they could be Cubs fans. :D
04-25-2004 11:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.