Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

05 Schedule
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Legend

I Root For: any UT opponent

I know with the recent articles on scheduling problems, NIU needs at least 2 more games to schedule and is having tough time finding I-a opponents, is there any regulation for a I-a team to schedule 2 I-aa teams,

2005 Schedule

OOC

@ Northwestern

Home games

Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
Miami-OH

Away games

Toledo
Bowling Green
Ohio
Kent State
10-04-2004 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

FyrFytrJoe Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That is a tough MAC schedule....

Lets get it done this year
04-rock
10-04-2004 01:48 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Legend

FyrFytrJoe Wrote:That is a tough MAC schedule....

Lets get it done this year
04-rock
I agree, it sure is a brutal schedule next year, that is why maybe having a "cupcake" OOC might not be a bad idea
10-04-2004 01:52 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only

I do not think that the Huskies can play 2 cross overs on the road. You also forgot Central as an away game.

I think we need 5 Ia games under the rules for 05. I have no problem with ISU or WIU and a Ia foe. The in state Iaa draw pretty well.
10-04-2004 01:56 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Playing 2 D1AA teams when you are in the MAC would make the schedule on of the weakest in all of football and an ambarassment to NIU.

I understand we are having difficulties with getting teams to play us but we CAN NOT play to 1AA teams without looking really weak.
10-04-2004 02:02 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Hard Way

Aren't the divisions going to be realigned next year with Marshall and UCF leaving? If so, we will be losing one of the current west division teams to the east in '05.
10-04-2004 02:02 PM

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DiehardHuskie Wrote:Aren't the divisions going to be realigned next year with Marshall and UCF leaving? If so, we will be losing one of the current west division teams to the east in '05.
Yes. And the home/away games will probably be messed with a bit with that.

@UT, CMU, BG(?), Crossover
vs WMU, BSU, EMU, Crossover

BG might be replaced with another crossover if they make the switch.
10-04-2004 02:24 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Legend

I think the only hope for a national tv home game, would be the matchup vs Miami-OH.
10-04-2004 02:27 PM
sportsfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Once the league reverts to just 12 teams each team in one division will play three teams from the other side to get to a total of twelve league games.

Every other year there will be two cross-overs on the road.

Check out the 1999 schedule when NIU played at Marshall and at Buffalo.

Then in 2000, Akron was the lone away cross-over.
10-04-2004 03:21 PM
NIU98 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I've heard rumors about playing at Tennesse, but that would depend on whether the 12 game schedule gets approved, as UT already has 11 games for 2005.
10-04-2004 03:24 PM
Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Don't you mean 8 league games ?
5 divisional + 3 Crossovers ?

We still need 2 more OOC games on our schedule.
10-04-2004 03:25 PM

niucob86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Look who's going to Athens Ohio!

<a href='http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/football/futuresked.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/football.../futuresked.asp</a>

Ohio Football Future Schedules

please note: Only non-conference opponents are listed below. All dates and opponents are subject to change.

The complete schedule will be posted as soon as it is available.

2005 Non-Conference Opponents
at Northwestern
PITTSBURGH
at Virginia Tech

2006 Non-Conference Opponents
VIRGINIA TECH
at Utah

2007 Non-Conference Opponents
at Virginia Tech
WYOMING

2008 Non-Conference Opponents
at Wyoming
NORTHWESTERN

2009 Non-Conference Opponents
CONNECTICUT

2010 Non-Conference Opponents
at Northwestern

2011 Non-Conference Opponents
UTAH
10-04-2004 05:30 PM
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

As a 1-a school I don't think we can play two 1-aa's in the same year. The NCAA will not allow it. NIU already had to get permission to schedule SIU this year because it was a 11 game season not 12. They are only allowed exceptions every 4 years I believe. So if it's a 12 game schedule next year I would expect one 1-aa team in Dekalb, otherwise I don't think it's an option.
10-04-2004 05:38 PM
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU

I hope Jim Phillips learns how to pull off the 2 for 1 deals in the future. We need to get some of these teams to come to DeKalb.

Check out these future schedules (they're not always up-to-date):

<a href='http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/future_schedules_home.htm' target='_blank'>Future Schedules</a>

I don't buy the "teams are afraid of NIU" excuse. BCS teams would have been afraid of Marshall long ago and look at their future schedule.
10-04-2004 05:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

NIUHuskie Wrote:I hope Jim Phillips learns how to pull off the 2 for 1 deals in the future. We need to get some of these teams to come to DeKalb.

<a href='http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/future_schedules_home.htm' target='_blank'>Future Schedules</a>

I don't buy the "teams are afraid of NIU" excuse. BCS teams would have been afraid of Marshall long ago and look at their future schedule.
I don't think they are scared to PLAY us but they are affraid to PLAY us at HOME(which is what we need-home games) AND they will LOSE money by playing us at home(because we can't afford a home schedule loaded with big name teams(even mid to low BCS teams) and there is no interest by C-DOA to play us. That REALLY cuts down our options.
10-04-2004 07:31 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

RobertN Wrote:
NIUHuskie Wrote:I hope Jim Phillips learns how to pull off the 2 for 1 deals in the future. We need to get some of these teams to come to DeKalb.

I don't think they are scared to PLAY us but they are affraid to PLAY us at HOME(which is what we need-home games) AND they will LOSE money by playing us at home(because we can't afford a home schedule loaded with big name teams(even mid to low BCS teams) and there is no interest by C-DOA to play us. That REALLY cuts down our options.
I wouldn't mind playing the sun-belt or WAC. How about north texas coming to town, maybe getting us some pub in texas players and helping our recruiting out there a little, or how about UTAH, a pre conference NON-BCS game that can get us on national tv. That would be something.
10-04-2004 07:55 PM
Quote this message in a reply

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Legend

NIUGAMBLER Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:

I wouldn't mind playing the sun-belt or WAC. How about north texas coming to town, maybe getting us some pub in texas players and helping our recruiting out there a little, or how about UTAH, a pre conference NON-BCS game that can get us on national tv. That would be something.
How about the Idaho Vandals for next year!
10-04-2004 08:03 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Legend

Actually I remember hearing talk about negotiatiing a home and home or a 2 for 1 with UNC, I hope that is still a possibility, thats an ideal opponent. They do appear to have room on their schedule for another OOC game in 2005 (home games with Utah and Wisconsin). A road game vs NIU would be a good compliment to round off their schedule.
10-04-2004 09:24 PM
WazzuHuskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

NIUGAMBLER Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:

Oh no...not North Texas. 03-banghead 03-banghead

That was one of the most painful football games I ever witnessed in my life. I always smile when they lose. ALWAYS.

Let them come back to DeKalb so we can take care of some unfinshed business 03-nutkick
10-04-2004 10:39 PM
Huskie85 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU, MSU, Bama

I don't understand why the non-BCS conferences don't band together and play home/away deals with each other to satisfy the NCAA rules. Eventually the big boys will have to break down and play teams like NIU in 2 for 1 deals as they won't have anybody else to schedule for their OOC games. The BCS schools won't want to play each other as that will make it harder for them to become "bowl eligible". Yes, we may get stuck with some unappealing home games but as long as some schools keep dropping their pants for the "name" programs they (BCS schools) will always have it their own way and never schedule away games against the likes of the MAC schools. Don't forget BCS schools can't play all I-AA schools in OOC either. Of course the non-BCS conferences will take a hit money wise. It will take a couple of years before this type of action will work due to deals already signed for future games but outside of not playing any OOC I-A home games or just playing conference teams for the whole schedule things will stay roughly the same.
10-04-2004 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.