Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proposed AUP Changes // Cleanup
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Proposed AUP Changes // Cleanup
AUP Changes
1) Reputation manipulating will not be tolerated. Multiple reputations are intended to allow for people to alter reputation on a per post basis. If you artificially inflate your own reputation or others ... or likewise artificially lower your own reputation or others, the following actions will be taken:

1st Offense: +10% Warning
2nd Offense: +10% Warning, your reputation is deducted at the sole discretion of the mods/admins
3rd Offense: +20% Warning, and all reputations you have ever made are purged from the system

Yes, this includes "reputation whoring", where you exchange reputation points just to inflate each others. If you have a reputation which needs cleaning up because it has been abused prior to these AUP changes, send a PM to georgia_tech_swagger.

2) Banning should always be the last resort, unless it's something really egregious like a drive by spamming.

3) If you are banned, or about to be warned at a sufficiently high level to automatically be banned, you will at first get a forum specific ban with an expiration.
1st ban: 1 week, forum specific
2nd ban: 1 month, forum specific
3rd ban: Permanent, forum specific

If you circumvent the ban, you are automatically escalated up one ban level. If you publicly complain and stir crap about being banned, the ban becomes site wide for the original ban time period.

General Cleanup
1) We have all been lax in not following the precisely described AUP warning system which then automatically hands out panishment based upon their warning level. The warning system also provides a catalog of offenses which makes collaboration between mods much easier. We will go back to firmly adhering to this.

2) Deban any otherwise non-douchey CUSA fans who got banned being douchey on the Big East board, with the provision that they are left with a 25% warning level for moderate flamming.

If you would like to apply for the above, PM georgia_tech_swagger. It may take several days to process this.

3) I propose some sort of cleanup and forgiveness for people who got blasted off the entire site first time. Let them taste a little ban first to see if you get reform before making it permanent.

If you would like to apply for the above, PM georgia_tech_swagger. It may take several days to process this.

Mod AUP Changes
1) Mod AUP Change: All mods and admins who do not regularly check the batcave must subscribe to it.

In general, I think we could do A LOT better job redirecting the stream of bad behavior to productive outlets instead of trying to stop it. It's easier to redirect a river than dam it.

This is your chance to make other suggestions or modifications before these AUP changes take effect.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2011 03:12 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
02-15-2011 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Proposed AUP Changes // Cleanup
Memphis fans are going to freak out about the rep whoring part. That means I fully support it.
02-15-2011 02:56 PM
bronco5 Offline
Banned

I Root For: GATechSwagger
I'm a pioneer at rating deflating. I got one guy to leave the forum because of it - now I regret it. 03-weeping
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2011 03:06 PM by bronco5.)
02-15-2011 03:06 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(02-15-2011 02:56 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  Memphis fans are going to freak out about the rep whoring part. That means I fully support it.

What, you don't think it's legit that a person would have a rep of 800?

Maybe those folks just make a lot of good points or know a lot about sports.

03-lmfao
02-15-2011 03:06 PM
bronco5 Offline
Banned

Shoot. I would be up to 19 if one dude didn't neg me 5 times.
02-15-2011 03:09 PM

(02-15-2011 03:08 PM)jamammy Wrote:  What about that other forum we talked about? Is that still on the table?

You still haven't started a thread showing serious support for it on the Sports Bar.
02-15-2011 03:11 PM

MemTigerFan Offline
The People's Photographer

I Root For: Tigers!

Donators
the only changes I'd like to see is take out the ambiguity. Forget stuff like "may" or "could", etc... If it's a violation, it should be handed down to everyone, and not as a mod's choice. That's where the biggest issues come from is seeing some people get in trouble for violations, but others continue to get away with it daily.

It would get this place cleaned up quickly. People still call each other names and insult people daily. If they received a warning for this no matter what (and not when mods choose to), then it would stop pretty quick. If there's not enough mods, then find people who are on the boards enough to handle it.
02-15-2011 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
Suggestion?

Make the non-douche clause apply to everyone, regardless of conference affiliation. There have been plenty of times where a poster is simply attempting to civilly defend against or address lies or misinformation (even with verifiable proof and links) and yet they be the ones labeled as an "instigator" or "flamer" for no other reason than because their school happens to be in a different conference alignment.

I feel like that creates tons of confusion and an awkward atmosphere to conduct civil discussion on this discussion board.
02-15-2011 03:14 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
In the case of banning, I would suggest some sort of attachment or link on the user's profile that indicates why they were banned. I don't think "mystery banning" inspires confidence from forum users.
02-15-2011 03:15 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'√Čtoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I just realized that us little MAC'ers don't have nearly the crapola that other boards go through.

Good on us.
02-15-2011 03:25 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
How about mods must do something once a week (could include showing up).
02-15-2011 03:29 PM

bronco5 Offline
Banned

(02-15-2011 03:29 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  How about mods must do something once a week (could include showing up).

This including showing up on the board the moderate? I swear there is no moderation at the board I post...

Mods need to be more visible. They should be required to at least post once a day on the forum they mod.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2011 03:37 PM by bronco5.)
02-15-2011 03:30 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I always thought that Rep points on a per post basis was a bad idea. I've seen some people's Reps get spammed with all that crap.
02-15-2011 03:31 PM
THRILL Offline
All American

I Root For: Boobies

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
My rep is far too high IMO
02-15-2011 03:32 PM
bronco5 Offline
Banned

(02-15-2011 03:31 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  I always thought that Rep points on a per post basis was a bad idea. I've seen some people's Reps get spammed with all that crap.

Yeah I think each person should only be allowed to rate a poster ONCE. Too many people are inflated and deflated because of their gay love/hate for each other. (NTTAWWT (Gay love))
02-15-2011 03:35 PM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
What does the acronym "AUP" stand for?
02-15-2011 03:36 PM

(02-15-2011 03:36 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  What does the acronym "AUP" stand for?

Acceptable Use Policy ... see "Info" in the top nav.
02-15-2011 03:37 PM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Thanks!
02-15-2011 03:41 PM
Paul M Online
American-American

I Root For: OU
I laughed this morning when I saw a new member had 72 reps all from one other member one rep point at a time. It's a little silly.
02-15-2011 03:55 PM

(02-15-2011 03:55 PM)Paul M Wrote:  I laughed this morning when I saw a new member had 72 reps all from one other member one rep point at a time. It's a little silly.

Who is it so I can send them back to 0?
02-15-2011 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2019 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.