CSNbbs
APP ST article in the Athletic - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: APP ST article in the Athletic (/thread-876123.html)

APP ST article in the Athletic - WinstonTheWolf - 05-12-2019 05:44 PM

Only four FBS programs finished in the top 16 in both scoring offense and defense in 2018. Two of them, Clemson and Alabama, played for the national championship. Another, Georgia, won 11 games and was a top-five team for most of the season. The fourth team was Appalachian State.

https://theathletic.com/964706/2019/05/12/appalachian-state-football-2019-schedule-roster-depth-chart/

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - moehler - 05-12-2019 06:44 PM

Thanks for sharing, as much as I hated SS leaving, maybe a new staff isn’t such a bad thing to keep the team motivated.

APP ST article in the Athletic - southern edumacation - 05-12-2019 07:26 PM

Can't wait for him to change the culture. To what i don't know y'all had a pretty good culture up there before.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - moehler - 05-13-2019 12:36 AM

Well, so far so good, he has recruited very well, and maybe most importantly he has kept the team togeather, but can he actually coach? Just have to wait and see.

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - eaglewraith - 05-13-2019 01:20 PM

There's some coach's comments in there that remind me of some stuff I've heard in the past.

All I can say is be careful what you ask for App fans....it might not be what you want.

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - ballantyneapp - 05-13-2019 02:01 PM

(05-13-2019 01:20 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  There's some coach's comments in there that remind me of some stuff I've heard in the past.

All I can say is be careful what you ask for App fans....it might not be what you want.

Well we didn’t ask for Louisville to come in and blow up our coaching staff, so we definitely didn’t get what we wanted.

The only thing I find slightly troublesome is it appears this staff wants to go after bigger players, where we’ve had tremendous success going after smaller, faster and lightly recruited players.

But I’m not a coach and I’m sure they’ve been told by the guys left on the staff what the secret sauce was.

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - AppManDG - 05-14-2019 11:02 AM

(05-12-2019 07:26 PM)southern edumacation Wrote:  Can't wait for him to change the culture. To what i don't know y'all had a pretty good culture up there before.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

That struck me a little odd as well. Think most would agree we've had a pretty fair culture established for quite some time.

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - Coach Bonez89 - 05-17-2019 04:26 PM

(05-12-2019 06:44 PM)moehler Wrote:  Thanks for sharing, as much as I hated SS leaving, maybe a new staff isn’t such a bad thing to keep the team motivated.

Whatever you got to tell yourself. Seeing as how Satterfield had a great eye for identifying talent where others didn't see it. I'm not saying the new guy doesn't, but that is a rare quality to find, especially in the G5. Where it is needed a lot more so than at the bigger schools.

RE: APP ST article in the Athletic - tapate50 - 05-18-2019 06:48 AM

Is this a Tyson Summers press conference? Idk because I didn’t click the link but...