CSNbbs
Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! (/thread-875753.html)

Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Hokie Mark - 05-05-2019 11:26 AM

JFann of AllSportsDiscussion says he personally spoke to customer support at Charter/Spectrum as was told:
Quote:“Yes we are getting that [ACCN] channel. I don’t know when that announcement will be made. Possibly closer to the launch date”.
To read about his experience - including a second rep he spoke with - click this link (to their blog, not mine): Is Charter Cable closing in on carriage deal with the ACC Network?

[Image: ACCNetworkLogo.jpg]

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Hokie Mark - 05-05-2019 10:03 PM

Has anyone else here talked to their cable/sat/ott company lately to ask if they will be carrying the ACC Network?

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - orangefan - 05-06-2019 08:43 AM

Only going to offer that I wouldn't put it past Charter to lie to keep a customer.

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - cuseroc - 05-06-2019 09:06 AM

(05-06-2019 08:43 AM)orangefan Wrote:  Only going to offer that I wouldn't put it past Charter to lie to keep a customer.

YEP!

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Hokie Mark - 05-06-2019 09:50 AM

(05-06-2019 08:43 AM)orangefan Wrote:  Only going to offer that I wouldn't put it past Charter to lie to keep a customer.

Maybe so, but you can still cancel any time so what's the point?

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - cuseroc - 05-06-2019 10:09 AM

(05-06-2019 09:50 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

To me it seems that there maybe some stigma attached to a rep who ends up cancelling a customers service. There maybe some in-house issue that counts against a rep when he or she handles so many cancellations, rather than activations. Whenever I have called to cancel in the past, most times they throw everything except the kitchen sink at me to keep me from cancelling. I wouldnt put it past the individual rep to say what they think you want to hear so that you would keep the service now. If it doesnt pan out in a few weeks or months and you call to cancel, likely some other rep, whoever takes the call, would have to take the hit of a cancellation.
03-lmfao

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - georgia_tech_swagger - 05-06-2019 10:21 AM

(05-06-2019 10:09 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(05-06-2019 09:50 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

To me it seems that there maybe some stigma attached to a rep who ends up cancelling a customers service. There maybe some in-house issue that counts against a rep when he or she handles so many cancellations, rather than activations. Whenever I have called to cancel in the past, most times they throw everything except the kitchen sink at me to keep me from cancelling. I wouldnt put it past the individual rep to say what they think you want to hear so that you would keep the service now. If it doesnt pan out in a few weeks or months and you call to cancel, likely some other rep, whoever takes the call, would have to take the hit of a cancellation.
03-lmfao

Sounds like Initech if they were a cable company. I'd believe it. That being said Spectrum is one of the few not-completely-evil-and-soul-less ISPs left these days, so I won't throw too much shade.

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Pervis_Griffith - 05-06-2019 10:39 AM

(05-05-2019 10:03 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Has anyone else here talked to their cable/sat/ott company lately to ask if they will be carrying the ACC Network?

I have Direct TV ... so I don't have to worry. Already announced they're carrying ACCN. It will quickly jump into my top 5 channels viewed list.

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - GTFletch - 05-06-2019 11:58 AM

I have HULU LIVE TV ... so I don't have to worry. Already announced they're carrying ACCN. It will quickly jump into my top channel viewed.

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - HRFlossY - 05-06-2019 12:36 PM

I have Verizon FiOS ... so I don't have to worry. Already announced they're carrying ACCN. It will quickly jump into my top channel viewed.

04-cheers

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - cuseroc - 05-06-2019 01:05 PM

Did I just enter the Twilight zone with those last 3 posts?

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - orangefan - 05-06-2019 01:59 PM

I have YouTube TV. Was about to switch to PlayStation Vue with YouTube's price increase, but then Vue dropped NESN, home of the Red Sox and Bruins. I'm guessing that YouTube will add the ACCN, but would love to hear an announcement. Otherwise, I'll have to look at other options.

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - georgia_tech_swagger - 05-06-2019 02:11 PM

(05-06-2019 01:59 PM)orangefan Wrote:  I have YouTube TV. Was about to switch to PlayStation Vue with YouTube's price increase, but then Vue dropped NESN, home of the Red Sox and Bruins. I'm guessing that YouTube will add the ACCN, but would love to hear an announcement. Otherwise, I'll have to look at other options.

If by August YouTubeTV has no announcement of ACCN carriage, I will switch to Vue.

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Hallcity - 05-06-2019 03:19 PM

The Commissioner is optimistic.
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article230080284.html

RE: Charter customer service rep says ACCN coming soon! - Hokie Mark - 05-06-2019 03:20 PM

(05-06-2019 01:05 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Did I just enter the Twilight zone with those last 3 posts?

Yes. It will quickly jump into my top channel viewed.