CSNbbs
SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest (/thread-872261.html)

SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - BirdofParadise - 03-11-2019 10:29 AM

Here's my analysis of Tuesday's matchups

https://espn1420.com/sun-belt-tournament-preview-the-first-round/

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - _x_ - 03-11-2019 10:34 AM

I like these previews you do for the basketball and baseball tourneys. Thanks for always posting.

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - mjs - 03-11-2019 11:00 AM

Thanks PoD. Nice summaries of the first 2 match-ups.

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - T-Dog - 03-11-2019 11:09 AM

Good to see an outside perspective of our issues.

This team has been frustratingly close, but they've gone cold down the stretch in several games. Georgia State, South Alabama just off the top of my head. Beating ULM in Boone at the buzzer with a blocked shot was an anomaly.

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - Yosef84 - 03-11-2019 11:54 AM

Nice preview! Clearly Shabazz will have to score 55 at ULM this time.

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - hapapp - 03-11-2019 01:06 PM

You really hit the nail on the head with your view of App State. Can't disagree with a single point. I really can't understand why we play so much man to man defense as poor as we play on that side of the ball.

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - _x_ - 03-11-2019 01:23 PM

(03-11-2019 01:06 PM)hapapp Wrote:  I really can't understand why we play so much man to man defense as poor as we play on that side of the ball.

"Just remember when you're at a game and you see grass its the other side of the ball, but if you see hardwood out there its the other end of the floor. I try to help you young guys in this profession you've chosen. Its one or two steps above prostitution."
-Bobby Knight

RE: SBC Tournament Preview - The First Round - From the Bird's Nest - GSUALUM17 - 03-11-2019 02:19 PM

(03-11-2019 11:09 AM)T-Dog Wrote:  Good to see an outside perspective of our issues.

This team has been frustratingly close, but they've gone cold down the stretch in several games. Georgia State, South Alabama just off the top of my head. Beating ULM in Boone at the buzzer with a blocked shot was an anomaly.

App could be a sneaky 10th seed team. I've seen all the teams play at least once, and the Mountaineers looked like the physically most impressive team in the conference and definitely bullied us in the paint all night. App also have some decent 3 point shooters (like that son of former ATL Hawk's PG) alongside Shabazz. The downside is that size comes at the price of speed and there are lots of speedy players throughout 1~4 positions to guard in this conference. When you don't have speed, zone defense could hide some deficiencies in speed, rather than locking down everyone in man defense.