CSNbbs
Bowl Info: Georgia Southern Appeal Denied by NCAA - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Bowl Info: Georgia Southern Appeal Denied by NCAA (/thread-715919.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - Bobcat87 - 11-30-2014 11:49 PM

(11-30-2014 11:47 PM)Baldy Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:02 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:00 PM)CC Eagle Wrote:  If only we had a deep-pocketed booster looking to waste some cash (and if it wasn't totally illegal), I'd love to see the Eagles show up at the NO Bowl in the stands with uniforms, rings, and Sun Belt Champion banner in tow... you know... just to celebrate the holiday and take in a game.

Y'all just can't stop showing how classless you are ..... 03-banghead

While you and all the others piling on have been the epitome of class. 03-lmfao

Now you're learnin' Boy-O......... .. .

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - chiefsfan - 11-30-2014 11:50 PM

This thread is almost completely worthless now. Pointless arguing back and forth reigns again.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - Baldy - 11-30-2014 11:53 PM

(11-30-2014 11:37 PM)IdahoCajun Wrote:  I use to enjoy coming to this forum but almost every thread will get hijacked by GS posters. It sucks now. Congrats for ruining a good forum along with your championship

Here is where the thread got hijacked:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-715919-post-11467413.html#pid11467413

The response to the hijack:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-715919-post-11468012.html#pid11468012

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - TheRevSWT - 11-30-2014 11:53 PM

(11-30-2014 11:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  This thread is almost completely worthless now. Pointless arguing back and forth reigns again.

It's a college athletics message board.

Did you expect differently?

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - Baldy - 11-30-2014 11:54 PM

(11-30-2014 11:49 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:47 PM)Baldy Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:02 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:00 PM)CC Eagle Wrote:  If only we had a deep-pocketed booster looking to waste some cash (and if it wasn't totally illegal), I'd love to see the Eagles show up at the NO Bowl in the stands with uniforms, rings, and Sun Belt Champion banner in tow... you know... just to celebrate the holiday and take in a game.

Y'all just can't stop showing how classless you are ..... 03-banghead

While you and all the others piling on have been the epitome of class. 03-lmfao

Now you're learnin' Boy-O......... .. .

Classy... 07-coffee3

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - chiefsfan - 11-30-2014 11:55 PM

(11-30-2014 11:53 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  This thread is almost completely worthless now. Pointless arguing back and forth reigns again.

I may just need to lock it up and throw away the key.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - sidslidkid - 12-01-2014 12:00 AM

(11-30-2014 11:55 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:53 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

I may just need to lock it up and throw away the key.

I agree this one has pretty much run its course, but there will just be another one created tomorrow when the decision of the appeal is published. Lord help the mods if the extremely unlikely happens and we get the waiver.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - eaglewraith - 12-01-2014 12:07 AM

(11-30-2014 11:31 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:29 PM)Eagle22 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:25 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:22 PM)Eagle22 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 10:56 PM)epiccajun Wrote:  Pretty sure that is not an NCAA rule .... Perry Mason.

But I'm sure you would love to litigate, and live up to the Eagle reputation so far .... maybe sue all the Bowls associated with the Belt and endear yourselves to them just like you have the rest of the conference ... lame.

The histrionics in this thread are priceless, on both sides of the issue.

Our AD clearly stated in a mid-game interview on ESPN3 during last night's game that he expected a final ruling on our appeal by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. It was patently clear by his comments that will be the end of it.

If the NCAA gives us the go-ahead, it won't be via lawsuits. I'm hoping this is just hyperbole on your part.

Bunch of panties getting wadded on this messageboard due to about a dozen or so Georgia Southern posters. You guys need to get to know the other 19,988 of us.

Do we have to?

Guess not. Some of us aren't jerks though.

Whatever.

I've actually met some fine Georgia Southern posters. The problem is there's so many of you guys swarming around it's almost impossible to keep track.

Hope you don't have problems keeping track of names in your life away from CSN.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - TheRevSWT - 12-01-2014 12:10 AM

(11-30-2014 11:55 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I may just need to lock it up and throw away the key.

You do that, and another thread will be hijacked into this one version 2.

I say best to just let the masses get it all out of their system until the announcements are made.

Then the ensuing "we got in a bowl and you didn't" threads can all be moved to smack with the "we have a ring and you don't" threads.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - CrazyCajun - 12-01-2014 12:15 AM

(11-30-2014 10:49 PM)Klak Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 10:48 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 10:47 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 10:42 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  I was just talking with some friends AND THEY ARE RIGHT. Ga Southern is going to divide and destroy this conference within the next five years. They are going to be a pain to deal with, and half of the conference is going to split away and create a new conference away from those troublemakers.

What are you talking about? What are we going to do over the next five years that will be a pain for you? We aren't getting the waiver this year so we aren't going to be a pain anymore this year. What is going to happen over the next five years to divide the conference?

Win games?

If we were in Lafayette, that would make us kings.

Since we're in lowly Statesboro, it makes us Destroyer of Conferences.

No, if you were in Lafayette you would actually have more credibility in winning NCAA bids and championships for the SBC in other sports, rather then one year in football. But you're not, because you haven't!

04-cheers

Re: RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - SBEagle - 12-01-2014 12:24 AM

(11-30-2014 11:07 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  

My God, how did App put up with this for all these years?

App isn't a bunch of p_ _ _y's like some on this board. They are also intelligent enough to understand the difference between message board b.s. and how a school actually operates.

Are some of you serious, you really think that because of this message board the conference is going to split a part??? There is nothing else you could have a problem with GA Southern other than fan actions on this board. We haven't been here long enough to damage anything real. If you want to say the appeal is damaging, ok, I can see your argument. It's a dumb argument but I can understand where some are coming from. However, other than that, what could possibly we have done to ruin this conference. If this conference is ruined because of this appeal, then it is too fragile to exist. Other than fans being obnoxious on this message board, what exactly have we done wrong. Win games? Not play two teams that were top of the conference LAST year?

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - RedWolfington - 12-01-2014 12:44 AM

(11-30-2014 11:53 PM)Baldy Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:37 PM)IdahoCajun Wrote:  I use to enjoy coming to this forum but almost every thread will get hijacked by GS posters. It sucks now. Congrats for ruining a good forum along with your championship

Here is where the thread got hijacked:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-715919-post-11467413.html#pid11467413

The response to the hijack:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-715919-post-11468012.html#pid11468012

No sorry. That simply isn't the case when what I said was on Page 3, with 13 pages since that post and only three posts by me. Now four.

You control what you post. You can, at any time, change the subject by posting about that subject. Really not sure how that's not understood.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - RedWolfington - 12-01-2014 12:57 AM

I'm not sure why you're so devastated as to little ole me thinking of you as whiny ass, arrogant fans. I'm not an unrealistic moron. I know your entire fan base aren't arrogant blow hards. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll think the worst of you until you prove otherwise. My view is that way, based on your first impressions.
If you aren't a butthead? Good. That will show through your posts.
If you are a butthead? Good. That will show through your posts.

Both types will be treated accordingly. Now, continue onward.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - CC Eagle - 12-01-2014 01:19 AM

(12-01-2014 12:57 AM)RedWolfington Wrote:  I'm not sure why you're so devastated as to little ole me thinking of you as whiny ass, arrogant fans. I'm not an unrealistic moron. I know your entire fan base aren't arrogant blow hards. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll think the worst of you until you prove otherwise. My view is that way, based on your first impressions.

Allow me to read through the lines for everyone...

Some people on this board are a little sensitive that they aren't the only big kids on the block anymore. Since none of us get to decide things on the field, we can only make sweeping judgements and rationalizations about other schools through calling out other posters.

All that some of the more established fan bases are asking of GS and App is that we roll over and die and then thank them for the privilege of playing in the same conference.

Come on, people. It's not that hard. Let's get with the program.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - TrueBlueDrew - 12-01-2014 02:01 AM

(11-30-2014 11:17 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 11:16 PM)GST-bone09 Wrote:  The way this place works. A Georgia Southern fan says something slightly controversial or something someone else doesn't like. Twenty people tell us how totally stupid that is. Our three or four bad posters take the bait and actually say something stupid. A few of our good posters try to mop it up with facts/ valid opinions. All opinions are shot down. The good Southern posters get fed up with it and turn into bad posters.

That's nonsense. Stupid post.

something stupid

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - WKUYG - 12-01-2014 03:26 AM

All of this would not be happening if the rest of you did one thing...

win a few football games vs GS

GS to the Godaddy
UL-L NOB
TXST to the other

What a show that would cause...

total meltdown of ASU fans screaming and crying about needing to get out of this conference...BUT NO WHERE TO GO.

Then UL-L leaves for CUSA (my personal choice would be USA and their beaches and Gulf coast fishing)

Then it get's worse when Liberty gets a invite

Like I said it could have been avoided! bet every coach in the conference works on defending the triple option next year.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - RedWolfington - 12-01-2014 04:03 AM

(12-01-2014 01:19 AM)CC Eagle Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 12:57 AM)RedWolfington Wrote:  I'm not sure why you're so devastated as to little ole me thinking of you as whiny ass, arrogant fans. I'm not an unrealistic moron. I know your entire fan base aren't arrogant blow hards. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll think the worst of you until you prove otherwise. My view is that way, based on your first impressions.

Allow me to read through the lines for everyone...

Some people on this board are a little sensitive that they aren't the only big kids on the block anymore. Since none of us get to decide things on the field, we can only make sweeping judgements and rationalizations about other schools through calling out other posters.

All that some of the more established fan bases are asking of GS and App is that we roll over and die and then thank them for the privilege of playing in the same conference.

Come on, people. It's not that hard. Let's get with the program.

Lol. Not even close. But I'm tickled you would reveal your narcissistic delusion with everyone. Link to anything you just said to be backed up by chance? And don't point to any of my posts because you'll certainly be disappointed to find out, I actually mean what I say. There's no need to read between any lines.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - RedWolfington - 12-01-2014 04:05 AM

(12-01-2014 03:26 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  All of this would not be happening if the rest of you did one thing...

win a few football games vs GS

GS to the Godaddy
UL-L NOB
TXST to the other

What a show that would cause...

total meltdown of ASU fans screaming and crying about needing to get out of this conference...BUT NO WHERE TO GO.

Then UL-L leaves for CUSA (my personal choice would be USA and their beaches and Gulf coast fishing)

Then it get's worse when Liberty gets a invite

Like I said it could have been avoided! bet every coach in the conference works on defending the triple option next year.

Eeh. Some trolls are effective.... Some fall flat. Hit or miss really.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - AstroCajun - 12-01-2014 06:07 AM

(11-30-2014 10:31 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  With Ga Southern being the Cinderella story and media darling, will the ncaa blatantly ignore rule 18.7.2.2.2? Given all the scrutiny the ncaa is under, do they really want to be seen as re-writing rules on the fly?

Media Darling? 03-lmfao

Oh wait, you're serious.

Let me laugh some more.03-lmfao

James Winston is a media darling. Notre Dame, 'bama and USC are media darlings.

You are a novelty. Novelty wears off.

NCAA is famous for interpreting the rules any ******* way they see fit. That was the case before you got here and it will continue to be the case going forward.

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD - gsu_paintballer - 12-01-2014 07:23 AM

This forum is very entertaining.