CSNbbs
12th FB member to be from the.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: 12th FB member to be from the.... (/thread-656622.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

12th FB member to be from the.... - CrimsonPhantom - 10-24-2013 12:09 PM

East and an all sport member invite. According to Vandal Nation Twitter.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - chiefsfan - 10-24-2013 12:13 PM

That fits the following schools who have shown interest.

East Kentucky
Liberty
James Madison
Jacksonville State.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - CrimsonPhantom - 10-24-2013 12:13 PM

View all the tweets here, from Carr Benson Interview with Vandal nation.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Usajags - 10-24-2013 12:21 PM

It comments of Alabama St wanting FBS, I wonder with this and the whole Grambling situation that we are seeing the end of the SWAC and the HBCU conferences going away.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - WKUFan518 - 10-24-2013 12:22 PM

What do you know EKU not even mentioned as possible eastern add.....Where did Alabama St. come from? That seems to come from left field, other schools mentioned no surprise.....Seems like what most have said for months on current situation of SB, and guessing it has not changed until JMU decides what they are doing....

What I have not saw, was last NOv. when it was mentioned correctly on WKU being next up for CUSA, but other team mentioned with WKU was New Mexico St....Is this why the SB is not offering all sports to NMSU because KB expects NM ST. to be in CUSA? I just find it strange they had not been mentioned in awhile for CUSA since in Nov. they were proclaimed to be next program in line for CUSA membership...

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - chiefsfan - 10-24-2013 12:24 PM

Alabama State wanting out of an HBCU league is a bit strange. I understand that of all the SWAC schools, they are by far the best funded and most ready to move, but they would be turning away decades of tradition with that move.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Vobserver - 10-24-2013 12:26 PM

(10-24-2013 12:22 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  What do you know EKU not even mentioned as possible eastern add.....Where did Alabama St. come from? That seems to come from left field, other schools mentioned no surprise.....Seems like what most have said for months on current situation of SB, and guessing it has not changed until JMU decides what they are doing....

What I have not saw, was last NOv. when it was mentioned correctly on WKU being next up for CUSA, but other team mentioned with WKU was New Mexico St....Is this why the SB is not offering all sports to NMSU because KB expects NM ST. to be in CUSA? I just find it strange they had not been mentioned in awhile for CUSA since in Nov. they were proclaimed to be next program in line for CUSA membership...

The answer to that question is spelled UTEP.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Panthersville - 10-24-2013 12:26 PM

Sounds like as soon as enough viable move-up candidates are identified, NMSU and Idaho will be shown the door....

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Usajags - 10-24-2013 12:27 PM

(10-24-2013 12:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Alabama State wanting out of an HBCU league is a bit strange. I understand that of all the SWAC schools, they are by far the best funded and most ready to move, but they would be turning away decades of tradition with that move.

They also have a beautiful brand new stadium. They are going through some legal issues with their administration right now, that would probably hold them back at this time.

They do sell more tickets to UAb's stadium then UAb does. Every year.05-stirthepot

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - chiefsfan - 10-24-2013 12:28 PM

(10-24-2013 12:22 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  What do you know EKU not even mentioned as possible eastern add.....Where did Alabama St. come from? That seems to come from left field, other schools mentioned no surprise.....Seems like what most have said for months on current situation of SB, and guessing it has not changed until JMU decides what they are doing....

NMSU had been rumored at the time because it was to appease UTEP, who is becoming further isolated from the rest of the league. That has since changed though because of the way realignment is headed. If CUSA chooses to expand without losing a team, it would pick up JMU, and most likely an SBC West school to keep their West Division close together. The other way it would happen would be if UTEP left, in which case adding NMSU would no longer make sense.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Usajags - 10-24-2013 12:34 PM

If CUSA goes to 14, they will break apart in less then 5 years. And then there will be a huge restructuring of the Gof5 schools and their conferences. And if they do it with an sense, that would be great for the fans. It should mean all the schools are relatively close and road games will be easy travel. All that means more fans in the stands and better atmospheres at the games. Presidents please take note, that is what we want!!!

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Vobserver - 10-24-2013 12:37 PM

(10-24-2013 12:26 PM)Panthersville Wrote:  Sounds like as soon as enough viable move-up candidates are identified, NMSU and Idaho will be shown the door....

The day we throw out two of the most respected academic universities in the Conference to accommodate some move-up wannabe cow colleges is the day I no longer want to be associated with this conference.

I want to be clear; I have no objection to us adding a regional university as our 12th member, though I would prefer another national doctoral research school. I just don't want us throwing anyone out to get them, regardless of footprint, and especially if the schools we want to toss are good academic schools, which both Idaho and NMSU are.

It should be important to GaSt to keep the conference as academically relevant as possible; after all, if Idaho and NMSU are gone, that only leaves GaSt, TxSt, UL and USA as National Doctoral Research Universities. With Idaho and NMSU, over half the conference fits in that category.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - chiefsfan - 10-24-2013 12:40 PM

No one is kicking out NMSU and Idaho, if they leave, it will be on their own terms.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Vobserver - 10-24-2013 12:41 PM

(10-24-2013 12:40 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  No one is kicking out NMSU and Idaho, if they leave, it will be on their own terms.

I agree; but that was not the tone of the post I replied to.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - Usajags - 10-24-2013 12:42 PM

So are we going for Ivy League status??? I get what you're saying, just not sure how important that really is when I'm watching a football game.

I have never said, "This game is really exciting, and wow, that school produces a lot of doctors."

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - chiefsfan - 10-24-2013 12:45 PM

(10-24-2013 12:42 PM)Usajags Wrote:  So are we going for Ivy League status??? I get what you're saying, just not sure how important that really is when I'm watching a football game.

I have never said, "This game is really exciting, and wow, that school produces a lot of doctors."

I agree, I have never understood the importance of associating with a school because of their academics, but everyone does it for some reason.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - WKUApollo - 10-24-2013 12:49 PM

(10-24-2013 12:34 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If CUSA goes to 14, they will break apart in less then 5 years. And then there will be a huge restructuring of the Gof5 schools and their conferences. And if they do it with an sense, that would be great for the fans. It should mean all the schools are relatively close and road games will be easy travel. All that means more fans in the stands and better atmospheres at the games. Presidents please take note, that is what we want!!!

C-USA will be at 14. I assume you meant, "if they go above 14"

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - MissouriStateBears - 10-24-2013 12:50 PM

It looks like Idaho and New Mexico State are essentially UALR and UTA's football teams.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - mturn017 - 10-24-2013 12:51 PM

(10-24-2013 12:34 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If CUSA goes to 14, they will break apart in less then 5 years. And then there will be a huge restructuring of the Gof5 schools and their conferences. And if they do it with an sense, that would be great for the fans. It should mean all the schools are relatively close and road games will be easy travel. All that means more fans in the stands and better atmospheres at the games. Presidents please take note, that is what we want!!!

Way to stay on top of the situation.

RE: 12th FB member to be from the.... - WKUYG - 10-24-2013 12:52 PM

(10-24-2013 12:45 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-24-2013 12:42 PM)Usajags Wrote:  So are we going for Ivy League status??? I get what you're saying, just not sure how important that really is when I'm watching a football game.

I agree, I have never understood the importance of associating with a school because of their academics, but everyone does it for some reason.

Their kids at least get their degrees put them at the top of the SBC

2006 Alabama State University Football 81 %
2006 University of Louisiana at Lafayette Football 65%