CSNbbs
[MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules (/thread-612555.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Chris02M - 02-16-2013 01:04 PM

from the grapevine sounds like acc is waiting on cuse's last non conference game to be filled before announcing.

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - orangefan - 02-19-2013 08:37 AM

(02-16-2013 01:04 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  from the grapevine sounds like acc is waiting on cuse's last non conference game to be filled before announcing.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/02/18/orange-watch-follow-up-on-syracuse-football-indoor-practice-facility-2013-schedule/

"As to the ’13 football schedule, online talk from both north and south circulated last week that Clemson was due in the Dome Sept. 14, week three of the season. But seriously, think about it. Would any team start off with games against Penn State at a neutral site, at Northwestern, then host a first-ever ACC game against as strong a program as Clemson in the season’s first three weeks?

"With a new head coach to boot?

"Scott Shafer would go charging into his boss’s office crying foul, and it’s not going to happen. Contracts are completed and all signs point to a FCS opponent in the Dome on Sept. 14, and the release of the entire ACC schedule is said to be imminent."

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - TexanMark - 02-19-2013 08:41 AM

(02-19-2013 08:37 AM)orangefan Wrote:  
(02-16-2013 01:04 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  from the grapevine sounds like acc is waiting on cuse's last non conference game to be filled before announcing.

http://sujuiceonline.com/2013/02/18/orange-watch-follow-up-on-syracuse-football-indoor-practice-facility-2013-schedule/

"As to the ’13 football schedule, online talk from both north and south circulated last week that Clemson was due in the Dome Sept. 14, week three of the season. But seriously, think about it. Would any team start off with games against Penn State at a neutral site, at Northwestern, then host a first-ever ACC game against as strong a program as Clemson in the season’s first three weeks?

"With a new head coach to boot?

"Scott Shafer would go charging into his boss’s office crying foul, and it’s not going to happen. Contracts are completed and all signs point to a FCS opponent in the Dome on Sept. 14, and the release of the entire ACC schedule is said to be imminent."

We'll see who is right...I actually want to play Clemson on Sept 14th. To me the Clemson schedule rumor sounds legit.

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - 7fielder - 02-19-2013 12:49 PM

Another sticking point is the Pitt / FSU Labor Day game. I don't think that is happening. Villanova is being difficult.

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - nzmorange - 02-19-2013 01:11 PM

(02-19-2013 12:49 PM)7fielder Wrote:  Another sticking point is the Pitt / FSU Labor Day game. I don't think that is happening. Villanova is being difficult.

Why does Pitt care about 'Nova? I feel like they are easily replaceable.

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Ragu - 02-19-2013 01:14 PM

(02-19-2013 12:49 PM)7fielder Wrote:  Another sticking point is the Pitt / FSU Labor Day game. I don't think that is happening. Villanova is being difficult.

Good. I am hoping for a Saturday afternoon game.

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - ej6687 - 02-19-2013 03:28 PM

(02-19-2013 01:11 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  

I doubt it has anything to do with Nova being "difficult". The issue seems to be that there is an issue moving the Pitt/Nova game to a week that works. I'm pretty sure that the CAA already has their schedule finalized, so any chance to move the game would likely mean that the CAA would have to revise their schedule to accommodation. It's not as easy as just moving the game to another week.

And why spend the money to buy Nova out if it's not required to do so?

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Hokie Mark - 02-19-2013 04:43 PM

(02-19-2013 03:28 PM)ej6687 Wrote:  

I doubt it has anything to do with Nova being "difficult". The issue seems to be that there is an issue moving the Pitt/Nova game to a week that works. I'm pretty sure that the CAA already has their schedule finalized, so any chance to move the game would likely mean that the CAA would have to revise their schedule to accommodation. It's not as easy as just moving the game to another week.

Don't come into the ACC being "cheap", Pitt... be ready to open that wallet! 05-stirthepot

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - 7fielder - 02-19-2013 05:16 PM

(02-19-2013 04:43 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 03:28 PM)ej6687 Wrote:  

Don't come into the ACC being "cheap", Pitt... be ready to open that wallet! 05-stirthepot

Sorry Mark... Nordernburg and Pederson are freaking misers! After a two month coaching search did you see who Pitt finally hired as their defensive coordinator? Yeah, they stayed in House! Pun intened...

Even if House is a success, I think this proves that the Pitt administration really isn't interested in anything more than just saying afloat.

http://panthersprey.blogspot.com/

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Hokie Mark - 02-19-2013 05:31 PM

(02-19-2013 05:16 PM)7fielder Wrote:  ... Nordernburg and Pederson are freaking misers! After a two month coaching search did you see who Pitt finally hired as their defensive coordinator? Yeah, they stayed in House! Pun intened...

Even if House is a success, I think this proves that the Pitt administration really isn't interested in anything more than just saying afloat.

You'd think with all the RIDICULOUS DOUGH the ACC is about to lay on Pitt that they'd pull out all of the stops and shoot for the moon, right?!?

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - 7fielder - 02-19-2013 08:02 PM

(02-19-2013 05:31 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 05:16 PM)7fielder Wrote:  ... Nordernburg and Pederson are freaking misers! After a two month coaching search did you see who Pitt finally hired as their defensive coordinator? Yeah, they stayed in House! Pun intened...

You'd think with all the RIDICULOUS DOUGH the ACC is about to lay on Pitt that they'd pull out all of the stops and shoot for the moon, right?!?

That isn't how Pitt rolls. Pitt can't fully fund all the scholarships for the sports it currently has and they want to build facilities for track & field. They will also likely put that money into the general athletic budget so they (from what I understand) don't have to dip into the endowment to fund athletics.

The upside to this, you wont find Pitt in a situation like MD was in as Pitt is a fiscally responsible institution.

The downside to this, we have to hold our nose and deal with cheap coaching hires like Matt House.

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - ej6687 - 02-20-2013 09:37 AM

(02-19-2013 05:16 PM)7fielder Wrote:  Sorry Mark... Nordernburg and Pederson are freaking misers! After a two month coaching search did you see who Pitt finally hired as their defensive coordinator? Yeah, they stayed in House! Pun intened...

Or that Chryst doesn't really care if you or Dokish thinks that Pitt is being cheap and hired the guy that he thought could do the best job for Pitt long-term.....

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - westmc9th - 02-20-2013 09:54 AM

I am pretty shocked that the schedules aren't out yet, I was told to expect them at the end of last week. Come on Cuse get it together!

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - 7fielder - 02-20-2013 09:57 AM

(02-20-2013 09:37 AM)ej6687 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 05:16 PM)7fielder Wrote:  Sorry Mark... Nordernburg and Pederson are freaking misers! After a two month coaching search did you see who Pitt finally hired as their defensive coordinator? Yeah, they stayed in House! Pun intened...

Or that Chryst doesn't really care if you or Dokish thinks that Pitt is being cheap and hired the guy that he thought could do the best job for Pitt long-term.....

I certainly hope Chryst doesn't care what myself or Dokish thinks when he makes a coaching hire. That wouldn't be too smart.05-nono

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Hokie Mark - 02-20-2013 10:21 AM

(02-20-2013 09:57 AM)7fielder Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 09:37 AM)ej6687 Wrote:  ...Chryst doesn't really care if you or Dokish thinks that Pitt is being cheap and hired the guy that he thought could do the best job for Pitt long-term.....

I certainly hope Chryst doesn't care what myself or Dokish thinks when he makes a coaching hire. That wouldn't be too smart.05-nono

OF COURSE, Chryst runs everything by the WVU Dude (after all, that guy in on the inside of ALL major college football decisiions!)
01-wingedeagle

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Ole Blue - 02-20-2013 01:59 PM

Are there any indications when the ACC schedule (as in dates and stuff) will be released?

RE: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Hokie Mark - 02-20-2013 02:13 PM

(02-20-2013 01:59 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  Are there any indications when the ACC schedule (as in dates and stuff) will be released?

The ACC office originally said "early February"... seeing as how it's now the 20th, your guess is as good as mine. It sounds like the Labor Day Monday game is a major hold-up... too many teams locked into big games the first 2 weeks, which doesn't leave much flexibility. (I still say they ought to arrange for UL @ FSU, billed as "the Orange Bowl that might have been".)