CSNbbs
The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread (/thread-486991.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Hiller4Hyz09 - 03-10-2011 05:40 PM

GOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - BroncoFaithful - 03-10-2011 05:59 PM

I'm so excited.... will be listening to the game on the radio while I watch the hockey team take on Ferris!!!

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Flashboski - 03-10-2011 06:25 PM

Akron again......balls

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - JBStemp5 - 03-10-2011 07:00 PM

I love how we are always looked down upon...go the Kent state's board and they are talking about how they cant wait to see Akron's cheerleaders one last time before the season is over.

(03-10-2011 06:32 PM)burden Wrote:  Akron blew a 20 point halftime lead and had to go 2OT's to beat Miami. Miami missed 7 of their last 8 free throws. Akron always seems to win these types of games I will have to hand it to them. McClenehan won the game for them scoring 20. It's not all bad as we will get to see the Akron Dance Team at least one more time. They do something right at that school.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - whomer - 03-10-2011 07:58 PM

(03-10-2011 07:00 PM)JBStemp5 Wrote:  I love how we are always looked down upon...go the Kent state's board and they are talking about how they cant wait to see Akron's cheerleaders one last time before the season is over.

(03-10-2011 06:32 PM)burden Wrote:  Akron blew a 20 point halftime lead and had to go 2OT's to beat Miami. Miami missed 7 of their last 8 free throws. Akron always seems to win these types of games I will have to hand it to them. McClenehan won the game for them scoring 20. It's not all bad as we will get to see the Akron Dance Team at least one more time. They do something right at that school.

I could be wrong but I read that "one more time" as in the game with the Broncos.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - JBStemp5 - 03-10-2011 08:18 PM

(03-10-2011 07:58 PM)whomer Wrote:  
(03-10-2011 07:00 PM)JBStemp5 Wrote:  I love how we are always looked down upon...go the Kent state's board and they are talking about how they cant wait to see Akron's cheerleaders one last time before the season is over.

I could be wrong but I read that "one more time" as in the game with the Broncos.

I could have done the same, but either way, everyone thinks it is going to be a akron and kent matchup...

Quote:this tournament is going to come down to Akron and Can't in the final.

that comes from the Akron board.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - MileHighBronco - 03-10-2011 08:25 PM

Just the way it is. The east dominates the west record - wise and head-to-head so those folks just assume that there are no good teams in the west.

Hope our boys are resting up and ready to deliver a STFU message the next two days to those east homers.

That is what would make winning this tournament so sweet - to do it we'd have exorcised two of our demons from the past few years.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Charm City Bronco - 03-10-2011 08:37 PM

Central is our rival, Kent is our biggest hurdle in bball but Akron is a personal nemesis of mine. Ex-GF was an Akron grad. Wins over Akron always taste sweeter. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced too many wins in the series since our parting.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - MileHighBronco - 03-10-2011 08:52 PM

We never seem to shoot real well when facing Akron.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - brovol - 03-10-2011 09:56 PM

(03-10-2011 08:52 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  We never seem to shoot real well when facing Akron.

Until tomorrow, we never seemed to shoot real well when facing Akron.

I fixed you statement MileHigh.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - MileHighBronco - 03-10-2011 09:59 PM

Thanks! :ncaabbs:

To be fair, we haven't shot well when we played them in Akron - or in the semis a couple years ago (when THEY couldn't miss).

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - brovol - 03-10-2011 10:09 PM

(03-10-2011 09:59 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Thanks! :ncaabbs:

To be fair, we haven't shot well when we played them in Akron - or in the semis a couple years ago (when THEY couldn't miss).

Tomorrow we release the hounds!

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - whomer - 03-10-2011 11:21 PM

I really really hope your guys' optimism is spot on. I'd love to send the Zips (and Flashes for that matter) home. The East arrogance is on my last nerve.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - MileHighBronco - 03-11-2011 01:49 AM

Just remember that Akron has to face WMU, the hottest team in the league over the past 5 weeks.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - brovol - 03-11-2011 10:01 AM

(03-10-2011 11:21 PM)whomer Wrote:  I really really hope your guys' optimism is spot on. I'd love to send the Zips (and Flashes for that matter) home. The East arrogance is on my last nerve.

Ya. I want everyone to see just how arrogant we can be. I personally wont associate with anyone who is not a WMU alum without raising my nose in the air, and I will chuckle at those who's teams did not win a championship this year, to acknowledge the trivialness of their existence.

But we need to win first.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Dirty Ernie - 03-11-2011 10:06 AM

details details

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - bjhubert - 03-11-2011 10:39 AM

Isn't McKnight eligible for retirement benefits yet?

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - PezKing - 03-11-2011 01:41 PM

[Image: 110304_CB_Sheen_EX.jpg]

Charlie Sheen weighs in....

Quote:I'm so tired of pretending like the the Broncos arent just perfect and just winning every second, and arent just perfect and b*tching and just delivering the goods at every single frickin' turn.

Quote:I'm tired of pretending like the Broncos arent b*tching, total freaking rock stars from Mars, and people can't figure them out; they can't process them. I don't expect them to. You can't process the Broncos with a normal brain.

When asked his opinion of the Zips....

Quote:I'm dealing with soft targets, and it's just strafing runs in my underwear before my first cup of coffee.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Whinny1 - 03-11-2011 02:14 PM

Another quote from Charlie:

Quote: WMU BRONCOS have tiger's blood!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Akron's bound to be tired after that long, drawn-out effort yesterday. I like our chances.

RE: The Official WMU vs. Akron MAC SEMIFINALS Game Thread - Whinny1 - 03-11-2011 02:15 PM

Oh........and the game is televised via the 'net on ESPN3! Par-tay on!!