CSNbbs
ND signs 3 game deal with Temple - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: ND signs 3 game deal with Temple (/thread-482168.html)

ND signs 3 game deal with Temple - bronco1988 - 02-18-2011 04:15 PM

Starts in 2014. ND supposedly happy to be playing in Philly. Think Temple will still be a MAC program then? I have my doubts....

http://www.wndu.com/sports/headlines/Notre_Dame-Temple_to_meet_in_3-game_series_in_football_116436879.html

RE: ND signs 3 game deal with Temple - MileHighBronco - 02-18-2011 04:47 PM

Where would they go? Who REALLY wants Temple in their conference for football? Yes, they've improved quite a bit the past few years but I don't forsee anybody knocking their doors down to offer them an invite to their league. Temple has not even won a divisional title yet.

I don't see the BE pursuing them. Maybe they want to go CUSA. It sure would not bother many MAC fans if they left - would make scheduling for the rest of us easier.

Kudos to them for landing ND for a 2 for 1, though. Pretty obvious that golden domers will outnumber Temple fans 4 to 1 at that home game.

RE: ND signs 3 game deal with Temple - bronconick - 02-18-2011 05:28 PM

I don't think the Big East is likely to ever want them back, but it's funny that they kicked them out for sucking when DePaul is still "playing" Big East basketball while being 2-48 in the conference in their last 50.

That's what you get for being football only instead of being everything but football, I guess.

RE: ND signs 3 game deal with Temple - bronco1988 - 02-18-2011 06:07 PM

Well...a 3 game deal with a MAC team is pretty sweet then. Too bad Kazoo doesn't offer what ND wants. I'd kill to play them more often since I live in SB.

RE: ND signs 3 game deal with Temple - broncofan1 - 02-18-2011 11:01 PM

Once UMASS joins the MAC in football, they will start a natural rivalry with Temple - hopefully keeping them around a bit longer. Look for Bowling Green to move over to the West.